New to RW and would like advice on hm training :0)

4 messages
25/10/2012 at 13:45
Hi everyone. I'm new to runners world and would love some advice from you seasoned runners (and possibly join a thread group if you'll have me)!! I completed my last hm in a very slow 2 hrs 46 but "ran" all the way and didnt feel the need to stop. I'd love to improve my time but not 100% sure how!! I have only been running twice per week as I have an 18 month old who is exhausting!! I usually do a long run at the weekend, peaking at 9/10 miles and a short run in the week. Should I be trying to do my short run as fast as I can?? Really confused about how I "pace" myself!! Don't feel confident enough to join a proper running club as I'm so slow!! Btw I'm 28 not 36 - must change that username!!
25/10/2012 at 14:32

My first piece of advice would be.... post things only once

Have a look at the schedules you'll find under the training tab - that will give you an idea of the kinds of runs you could be doing.  You would probably benefit from doing three runs a week, or more.

The only way I can determine my pace is with a GPS unit.  There are many such devices, and other things which are more akin to pedometers on the market.  Have a look under Gear.

25/10/2012 at 15:09
This is my first post for training advice other than for the post race illness so think that shouldn't be too hard lol!! Will have a look at the gear section, I only use the Nike running app atm so will maybe invest in a unit, Xmas is coming up!! Thanks for the tip xx
25/10/2012 at 21:46
Wilkie I've just noticed it posted twice!!! Arrrggh!!! Lol!! Xx

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
4 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.