New Year's Day Session

21 to 32 of 32 messages
01/01/2003 at 16:15
Happy New Year everyone.
I did the Cleethorpes New Years Day 10k today. It was very wet, but despite this there was a good turnout.
01/01/2003 at 16:35
I did a nice, easy 2 miler today in the pouring rain, in a park next to a flooded river. Ahhh!
01/01/2003 at 17:22
6.32 miles
Wet
hard horrible
Done now
01/01/2003 at 17:24
What: 9 miles very steady in ca 82 mins

Why: On the marathon training programme as a mid week medium to longish run but took it steady after yesterday's speed work and late night

Last hard day: Yesterday

Last rest day: Monday

Happy New Year all

Simon
KR
01/01/2003 at 19:05
Happy New Year everyone!

No running for me today -
Last hard: yesterday
Last rest: Mon
01/01/2003 at 19:38
What: 8 miles steady, 72 mins

why: should have been 10 but running first time in new shoes (Adidas response control) so thought I would do a shorter run, seem like good shoes although they seem a tad smaller than equal size (9.5) of my Nikes.

last hard: friday

last rest: saturday and sunday.

Just glad to get back to normal after missing a couple of runs over the xmas festivities.

Happy new year.

Gaz............
01/01/2003 at 19:42
Oh,
A bloke says to me while out running this aft, "your taking the p**s running today arnt ya" he had a red nose and looked suitably refreshed.

I mentioned this in the hangover thread, sorry if you are reading this again......

Gaz.....
01/01/2003 at 20:19
4.2 miles wheeling my bike, counting the number of times the front wheel went round, and writing down the running total every time I passed a worthwhile landmark (such as a lamppost). Then subsequently measured the circumference of the front wheel.
Yes, I was out measuring the length of some of my courses. A suitably sad start to 2003.

Subsequently, 5 miles rather slow in 35:18. Used my older Sauconys - experienced pain in right shin while out (not gone yet). Also hamstring that side is now pretty tight. Don't know why.
01/01/2003 at 20:30
Take a day or two off Mike, you're sounding tired. I'm sure it's nothing to worry about, but it's always worth being cautious occasionally. Take care!
:)

Some good runs again today guys and after a heavy night!!
01/01/2003 at 22:56
happy new years!:

what: nothing
why?: ritualistic trip to aunties in londonderry city.

mike, take a bath, worked wonders for me last few nights when i was sore after a hard speed session.

last hard: mondays speed session.
last rest: today
01/01/2003 at 23:52
Happy New Year everyone!

First time I've run on new year's day, despite not feeling 100%

What: 8.4 miles steady
Why: not quite sure as I had planned to do about 5 miles.
Last hard day: Monday
Last rest day: Sunday

Mike, you can buy special equipment for your bike that does exactly the same thing while you're riding it!
01/01/2003 at 23:56
10 miles on exercise bike !!
recovery after fell race yesterday !!
Back to the club for some quality sessions tomorrow

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 32 of 32 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.