Newbie member. Magazine article question.

1 message
26/08/2013 at 21:25

I coach my son [read my bio if you're someone who hates parent coaches, which in my experience is sometimes justified].   I normally do a field based speed endurance session [5 x 1300m with 150 spints - off the bat/no recoveries] but I read somewhere and I am positive it was Runner's World quite recently about a track based session that involved incrementally increasing the sprint/jog phases by counting strides. 

I have genuinely spent all night so far trying to find the article by going through the last six months of magazine/trawling through twitter feeds and googling the site and have drawn a blank.  Can anyone help?  I wanted to hold the session tomorrow, ahead of next weekends U17 Nationals, where he'll be competing in the 800m.  I wanted to mix it up a bit while tapering his miles - this session, I seem to remember was a finite 9 minutes.

Thanks in advance. 

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
1 message
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.