Nike 10K - emergency training schedule???

5 messages
21/08/2002 at 12:27
I have a work colleague who has been press-ganged into doing the Nike 10K on 22nd September. He claims to be fairly unfit and hasn't done any running for a while.

Can anyone recommend (or point me in the right direction for) an emergency 10K training schedule for what is basically 4 weeks?! He hasn't got a time target so just a 'get me round' would be fine.

Any suggestions welcome...

Cheers,

DW
21/08/2002 at 20:37
I would suggest trying the training section of this website - it has a variety of four-week 10k schedules, depending on how many sessions you can manage each and current fitness level. However, the four week schedules are all for subscribers only. Not much help if you don't subscribe.

The US RW site has a
21/08/2002 at 20:40
What happened to the rest of my message?!!

I was going to add that the US RW site has a 6 week plan which you could adapt. I'm going to try a fancy html link here, so my apologies if it doesn't work (that's probably what went wrong before!).

21/08/2002 at 20:41
I give up, just go to the RW US site.

P.
22/08/2002 at 10:16
Also the Nike Run London website has training schedules for all levels from beginner up, at www.runlondon.co.uk

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
5 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.