No Running for 2 weeks-What training?

5 messages
21/09/2005 at 17:54
I'm currently training for New York, but due to a painful foot injury I've been told by my GP to lay off running for two weeks,no impact on the foot.
Can anyone recommend alternative gym sessions that as close as possible replicate the long runs I'll be missing.
My local gym are currently promoting a cross trainer half marathon, I was thinking of try ing that.
21/09/2005 at 18:31
Apparently the best thing you can do is aquajogging. Read about it on www.aquajogger.com

I recently purchased an aquajogging belt for £14 from the Swimming Teachers Assiciation as I had some time off with injury. Next time(?) I will be prepared. I also hope to use this as a form of cross training when I am not injured but have yet to pluck up the courage to take the belt to the pool!
21/09/2005 at 22:42
Swimming, elliptical trainer, cycling, nordic ski-machine-thing will all help keep your cardiofitness up. Nordic thingie and elliptical are probably closest to running muscles....(unless you are brave enough to try the aquajogging.....I found it waaaaaaaaaay too boring - even more hell than a treadmill!)
21/09/2005 at 23:05
Elliptical trainer without a doubt.
JJ
22/09/2005 at 14:14
Thanks guys, regarding the eliptical trainer, what settings/workout would you suggest.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
5 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.