Nottingham Half Marathon Sunday 30 2012 - last training run should be??

4 messages
27/09/2012 at 09:21

Hi all

I am about to run my first half marathon and have been training hard for it! I am hoping to run it in 2 hours but we shall see!

My question is this: I ran yesterday (4 miles) and I was going to run on Friday (around the same mileage) - Is this right or should I completely stop now until race day?

Any advice greatly received thank you!

Sarah x

27/09/2012 at 09:27
I always like to do 3 or 4 miles on the Friday just before a race, at an easy pace, just to keep loose. If I've been training hard and then have 3 days off my body always struggles with the first few miles.
27/09/2012 at 09:31

I would give Fridays run a miss and then do an easy 3 miles on Saturday just to loosen up!!! 

27/09/2012 at 10:17

I reckon either of the above, depending on your state of mind.  If you're likely to have ants in your pants the day before, rest on Friday and go for a 3 mile jog on Saturday morning.  If you feel like you want to be conserving energy, swap them round to have a complete rest day on Saturday.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
4 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.