older ex triathlete

6 messages
14/04/2013 at 14:24

i am an ex triathlete completed an ironman could do around 36 mins for a 10k then discovered sex drugs and rock and roll but always ran. that was a long time ago i am 51 and i struggle to do a 50 min 10 k. i run quite fresh at the weekend but during the week after work i more than often have to walk home after a couple of miles. whats happened and can i improve, thanks in anticipation

02/05/2013 at 18:43

think its sorted now

M...eldy    pirate
02/05/2013 at 18:46

Blimey!   that was quick .... what's your secret? 

17/05/2013 at 20:34

didnt think anyone was interested

cougie    pirate
17/05/2013 at 21:39
You didnt tell us how often you run, how hard, how long. I guess nobody could answer on such little info.

How did you solve it ? It might be of interest to others suffering ?
18/05/2013 at 08:26

ok, i probably run about 25 miles a week not a lot, anyway like i say the weekends when i am fresh its reasonable but after work sometimes i felt really unresponsive and more often than not would have to walk home with mild cramp and a distended stomach. now i chew gum one after the other and i stopped and it seemed ok. 

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
6 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.