Over 60s training.

65,221 to 65,240 of 133,476 messages
K2
30/01/2007 at 07:53
Morning all

Running later.

Spud
No time to look at website but from ceal's comments it sounds great.

ceal
Our criminal had tried to get a tennis top. He'd removed the security tag and put it on another bay. It was what the police used as evidence to arrest him.
:-)

Checking out. Work later, away tomorrow at a meeting in Nottingham.

happy running.
30/01/2007 at 08:40
Morning all

K2
I don't have any problem discusssing my knee except that it's a subject that doesn't have much content.

Not sure if the anti-inflammatories are doing any good. It's certainly a bit better and the swelling is going down. That may all ahve happened without the pills though. I still get dull aches in it from time to time, It's still not good enough to run on.

I have a telephone appointment with the doc tomorrow morning to discuss where we go from here.

I thought it was most unfair of you to have me arrested.
JJ
30/01/2007 at 08:44
Ceal
Report as above. I simply cannot get my mind round the slow progress. I guess I'm still living 30 years ago :-))

January mileage = 'NIL'. Mind you, it happened in 2004 too. At least I've been doing some upper body conditioning this time.

Lucky JG!
JJ

30/01/2007 at 09:16
Morning all.

JJ

I bet you have a lot of gardening to do.

Pilates for me this afternoon. My friend is not coming, as she has to take her daughter to an eye appointment.

After half term I am doing the maintenance Pilates course (Tuesday) and a aerobic dance class (Monday).

My friend just cannot get into the Pilates. I think, that she think she should be able to do it all on week 1.
30/01/2007 at 09:25
JJ
At least you are showing consistiency in Jan mileage.

Tracey
A pity about your friend. But you can't change that for her, you just carry on getting fitter and fitter. Aerobic Dance class sounds fun.

Oft out for fast running now.
30/01/2007 at 09:51
Ceal
You will remember that I always preach about keeping consistency in your training.
:-))
JJ
30/01/2007 at 10:00
Morning all,

Lovely sunny one.

Spud,
Sounds v.interesting that club, I'll take a gander later on.

Ceal,
Great mileage from you in Jan., too !

JJ,
Hope your doc phone call tomorrow will bear positive ideas to get you back to running again soon.

Legs feel fine, but I shall still have my usual restday. They can work again tomorrow :-)

Hi to K2 and Tracey.
30/01/2007 at 10:09
Impey
Many thanks. It'll sort itself out in the end.
JJ
30/01/2007 at 11:27
good morning

major "outage" (a new word BT has invented) resulted in no broadband or email connection for 3 hours - its like being blind and deaf!:-)))

JJ
sorry to hear the knee is still not behaving. It should take your orders immediately:-)

Last year I only did 7.1 miles in January so there is hope for you yet..........:-)

shouldn't really say this after the above commisserations but it was a perfect running am out there - no wind, light frost, clear sky and early dawn.

7.05 miles done on legs that were still a tad tired in 59:58 anda vHR138 =64%WHR.

1m 9:27 hr130
2m 7:48 hr134
3m 8:09 hr141
4m 8:35 hr139
5m 8:26 hr141
6m 8:23 hr139
7m 8:59 hr144 Hipps Hill

so HR just up a bit by about 6-8 bpm per mile for those times reflecting still present fatigue
30/01/2007 at 11:31
Hipps

"LOL at the image of TS in a tutu

it would suit him"

I think what you meant to say was

"with his incredibly manly profile TS would look good in anything, even a tutu!"

Strangely I can still remember all the basic ballet positions and exercises and have been known to do some of them on occasion.......................

...............but not in a tutu:-))
30/01/2007 at 11:33
>thinks<

if I can just sneak in a double session today I may catch Ceal up for January:-)))
30/01/2007 at 11:34
d*mn

realises I am in London all day tomorrow!!!
30/01/2007 at 11:54
Spud

great website for the club. Lots of running groups and trails.

Like the idea of running around a cemetery that welcomes runners (Oakdale Cemetery)!!!!
30/01/2007 at 13:24
Hi everyone,

Ceal, i will only be able to run with them on the weekends. There are no training runs around these parts.

There are no buses as well, what I find very strange. Everyone drives and they drive very badly.

Have fun with the session.

JJ, dynamite and a helicopter going to your way.
30/01/2007 at 13:26
Torque, I have seen pictures of it. It is a very very old and scary cemetery. It isn't like the ones around, with just lawn. It has very old tumbstones and statues. i have no idea how someone would wish to run there.
30/01/2007 at 14:51
TS/Spud
There wouldn't be much in the way of competition.
JJ
30/01/2007 at 14:52
Spud
sounds interesting. I run around a cemetery sometimes and find the tombstones quite interesting. the most interesting being the War Memorial near here, which is huge and has bodies from all over the world and of many denominations. I must appologise for the overuse of the word interesting, too tired to think of another!!!

At least running with other people at the weekends would be good. Better than nothing. You may meet people from your area.
30/01/2007 at 14:53
TS
the tired leg run doesn't look to bad, at least there is one 7 in there, it looks like you were determined to get that one in.

Impey
enjoy your rest day.
30/01/2007 at 15:00
JJ
you could be making a grave mistake there:-)

Ceal

that's a very interesting description:-))

hard session?

I thought I was running quite fast this am but Garmin told me otherwise and I had to sprint the final 200m to get under 60 min - just!!!
30/01/2007 at 15:05
This mornings session was as hard as I thought it would be. However, the ground was firm, a bonus!!

I ran a hilly warmup of 2.5 miles at 8.40 pace.

Then the hard work started!!!

It consisted of 6 x half a mile approx. loops, ran alternating directions around the loop. For 3 of them we had to stop when the first person reached the end of the loop. A couple we ran in pairs, where we were much the same pace. Then one was handicapped.

I got tired at the end as you will see from the pace. There were two ascents and two descents in each one (HILLS). However, when we stopped when first person reached the end it was on a downhill bit, so was denied a down hill section:-((

pace for each:-
7.28--reverse direction
7.22---reverse direction
7.35---reverse direction, knackered!

The surface was rather slippy, even though firm, so I found the downhill hard, was anxious not to slip. I think my shoes didn't help, my X-country shoes are not good when it is wet on a hard surface.

Tough session but good afterwards:-))

A runner called Chris Bolt joined us for a couple of the loops. I don't know the name but he is an 1500 runner, aged 25 ish. Was a Junior Champion and is still a good British runner. Julian used to coach him before he moved to Fareham.
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.