Over 60s training.

65,461 to 65,480 of 118,346 messages
14/10/2007 at 13:52

Afternoon all

Thanks for the updates on the chart. (More on that later) Glad to see a few more colours being added.

Yes, I'm sorry we won't meet at Beachy. I have been offered a lift, though, and am starting to waver a bit. It's difficult for me to get staff cover for Saturdays, though.
We have a few targets which are very close. VirtUal competition!

14/10/2007 at 14:01

Busy day at work yesterday then rushed home to change, meet friend and eat before seeing Milton Jones (comedian, has a show on Radio 4, lots of puns). Had 2.5 pints of beeer, which is quite unusual for me.

Got home, went to bed, didn't sleep (had also had a very strong (but lovely) coffee yesterday morning). Got up at 6.45 to load bike into car and drive 11 miles to Thornbury for running club bike ride (pushbike, Mike, TS).  The first easy-paced ride they've done. By the time they'd gone half a mile I'd lost sight of them and thought "Sod it, I'm going back." Couldn't get wheel off bike to put bike back in car. There followed a long series of trilas and tribulations. I got home ok (eventually). Ride leader rang to apologise - he's a lovely guy and woud have felt bad. Lessons learned.

So - not run, no bike ride. New week starts tomorrow.

14/10/2007 at 14:14

Good morning, a rest day for me today.
You are sounding nicely focused.
If you want snow I will soon have lots to spare.

14/10/2007 at 14:57

K2, looks as though we should be pacing each other round 10 miles, for sure! Sorry your bike ride didn't work out.

Lynne, sounds a nice, relaxed approach for Amsterdam Half, so hopefully you'll just enjoy taking part, and seeing the scenery.

Impey, your race sounds rather like our RR10s, though a bit longer, as the RR10 races tend to be 4.5 to 5 miles (and one of those is where I picked up my 5 mile timing from. It was slightly longer, but easy to do the maths). This does mean that I should be able to do a faster 5, if I do a flat, road one. Will have to check the date of the Victory 5!

Pammie, that looks like a nice, evenly paced run.

Enjoy the afternoon, JJ. It sounds as though it will be busy.

aws, another beautiful totp, but glad it is still green and pleasant, and bathed in sunshine here.

14/10/2007 at 15:02
Can't do Victory 5, as will be on holiday. I'll have to wait until next year, as there doesn't seem to be much within striking distance over the next few months.
14/10/2007 at 16:10

Your progression is very impressive, you will have to divulge your training secrets.

Another update
2008 Target PB update

I have added the mile targets for everyone and have taken my first 1500m, 1 mile and 3k from my 5k PB to get currents for those distances. Did the same thing for the 10m from the half PB. Those partial race PBs are a little soft based on the prediction but something to aim at.

14/10/2007 at 16:15

Afternoon all

K2 what a frustrating bike ride, some members of the Joggers have gone for their first "club" bike ride today hopefully they won't lose anyone !!

Diana, there is  a mid - week 5 miler in June, the Hayling Billy Ceal, Stewart and I have done for the last few years. Pompey Joggers stage the Purbrook Ladies at end June/start July on a Sunday. The former is flat but on slightly uneven trails the latter is on undulating roads.

Log run with Joggers this morning

11.04mi in 1.38.29, 8.55 pace, 144 ave HR, 74%WHR - included a big lump as well as a few undulations.

First 2 weeks come back runs

13mi in  3 runs of 2.4, 4, 6.6mi
22mi in 3 runs of 4.9, 6.5, 11mi

Next week plan to add in an extra run and am for 3mi.

Lynne sounds like you have the right idea for next Sunday, no pressure just enjoy.

Pammie good solid run and pretty consistent lap times.

Mike T 

14/10/2007 at 18:16

Was that a question or an observation? (confused)

14/10/2007 at 18:38
14/10/2007 at 18:46

I've done only 22 miles this week is this too much only been back running post injury 5 weeks mileage

9, 13, 12, 16½, 23

maybe a bit of a jump in the last week hence why all my runs were at a low HR

14/10/2007 at 19:16

JJ - sorry i mis-read you i thought you were saying i was doing too much. Thats the plan now slow running to get beyong 30 miles and if possible up to 40 miles.

Though i knew i wasn't going to be breaking records at southend last week I was waiting till that was out of the way before starting to build the miles up whether that was good idea or not!!!

I was off injured 2 weeks. Hoping now to get some consistent training behind me now.

14/10/2007 at 19:17
sorry not an impressive totp
14/10/2007 at 23:17
Hi everyone,

haven't been around lately. Feeling a bit flat at the moment.

hope everyone is well and training is going great.

big hugsXXX
15/10/2007 at 10:25

I'm lopsided - one leg limps and the other doesn't. Perhaps I should limp on both legs?

15/10/2007 at 11:33

good morning all

I recommend limping on both legs  -it gives a sort of cowboy swagger to walking

((('ugs returned)))
take care

careful - your HRM may take on the profile of its younger wearer and you will be condemned to keeping up with it!!

Been very busy with various things so only just managed to squeeze in the England game - and yes it did make my knees ache even more!! Matchless intensity - and I did feel some sorrow for the French as well - must be going soft!

Away for three days on business from tonight so this will be a step back week by accident after a couple of desolutory days training anyway - must be the warm weather

15/10/2007 at 14:08

4.27 mile fartlek session

Fartlek was fun once i got warmed up a bit, normal an easy run is about 137/139bpm so ran moderately hard to get HR up to or just over 150 then recover till it fell to 140 or just below then quickly again up to 150 and so on. Whole run was still 65% whr and guessing the fast bits would have been at under 8 minute pace.

overall 44:07 avg HR 65%WHR

15/10/2007 at 14:17

15/10/2007 at 14:21
Now I know what John Wayne's trouble was - he had a trapped nerve each side !
15/10/2007 at 14:53
Just click on chart to expand.

15/10/2007 at 15:00

Nice portrait aws, do you do many?

Speed session planned for today 8 x 400 with appropriate warm up and cool down. 
Not sure what pace would be right but according to RW 3:51 per km or about 1:30 per interval with jog recovery. Doesn't sound too tough but we will see.

140 doesn't sound like much of a recovery from 150, your recovery times must have been very short. How long were each bit, time and distance?

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.