Over 60s training.

126,621 to 126,640 of 133,920 messages
16/09/2012 at 20:33
Well, I've logged on after a couple of days offline to find there's been some brilliant racing going on. Very well done to Christine, MikeT and ceal. Impressive results from each and every one and it's obvious all were well pleased with their times.

I managed to get out on a run today. A very scenic 5 miles from our hotel over the Arno and through Florence. A lot of dodging people in the more crowded parts but I wasn't complaing. Maybe the most scenic run I've done.
16/09/2012 at 22:17

Ceal
Great result. Very well done indeed. 5 miles is a nice distance.
My first XC is 6/10.

Empty
You must be very happy with that time on such reduced training and no racing. I certainly would be.
JJ

16/09/2012 at 22:32

Three new windows get installed  tomorrow.
JJ

aws
17/09/2012 at 07:43

Good morning

rd: 

5.08M; 
14°C

Ceal - Brilliant as ever; special congrats on top W70. I'm not showing my times after reading yours. I'll just go and put my feet up.

al

17/09/2012 at 08:11

aws
Thanks, but Come on don't be willy (I have typed that word twice now instead of silly so will leave it)! I always read your run splits with interest. today, I am being denied from doing so.

Edited: 17/09/2012 at 09:13
17/09/2012 at 11:23

Graham
What a beautiful sounding run, I am quite envious.

JJ
thanks.

Everybody else many thanks for well dones.

NZC
You thanked us for out well dones, but I expect they are nthing compared with the respect you have gained from completing The Legend race in such a respectabe time.

I decided to run this morning, knowing that it is easy to train the day after a race rather than 2 days later. I ran the course of the10k trail race that I am doing on Sunday, plus a tiny bit extra..

So it was 6.8 miles ran easy in 62 mins, av pace 9.16 mm, av HR 120, MHR 131. It was hilly and stony but on the whole my legs felt just fine.   I reached the 5 mile mark just under 8 mins slower than yesterday.!

17/09/2012 at 11:59

Belated congrats to all on some fine races

Nzc-You are one tough lady well deserved legend status

Ceal-Excellent 5mile time you must be pleased

Empty-Well done on so little training ,hope you can push on from there

Graham-Sounds fantastic scenery,just wish i was there also

JJ-like comment about facebook but don't understand it

Tracey-Have you ever thought about getting the insanity workout?

17/09/2012 at 12:02
Ceal - nice day for a trail run

Always know my left side is weak, am know finding out how weak. Done Day 6 Level 1 of 30 Day Shred this morning
17/09/2012 at 12:13

Columba-Apologies i missed your fantastic hm summary,thats what hapens when i dont keep up with the thread.But a very big well done to you just a full marathon to do now.Glad that you are at a club i am sure it will be beneficial 

17/09/2012 at 17:54

ceal,
great 5 miler time, a good incentive for MT to push his training.

JJ,
I hear you but I just don't feel right so I went and sought some professional help.

It appears that I have a urinary tract infection. It is only mild but I am on antibiotics. I am also having lots of blood work done as the doctor was concerned about diabetes even though the urine test did not indicate anything.

Another rest day for me but hopefully I will feel up for an easy run tomorrow.

Mick

17/09/2012 at 19:18

Back from our Yarmouth staycation holiday, we did plenty of walking and didn't use the car all week !   Have to admit, I didn't do any running, wasn't really bothered to be honest or is that cba ?

Splendid race results from Ceal, Empty and NZC.  Remarkable times, well done all of you!
Special well done to Mike in doing the 5miler despite feeling not well enough for racing.

Mick6,
Hope all will be well soon for you,  not been too good for you it seems.  The UTI wouldn't have helped I guess.  Also hope the blood tests disprove any diabetic problems.

Ran a leisurely( is there such a thing!)  6.2 miles ,.  Garmin was almost discharged so most of run was data-less.  I reckon pace was around 11m/miling.
Entered the Tententen race for this coming Sunday.  I know I am not properly prepared for it but will be happy to complete it and I do like to do a 10k occasionally even if 5ks are what I  now prefer and stick to mainly.

17/09/2012 at 20:50

The thread is ticking along nicely.

Impey, nice to have a holiday that still includes walking, don't think you need to run when you are on holiday, think you come back revived and ready to go.

Mick - so sorry to hear you have been having problems with your health, hope you get on top of it before you travel.

Tracey - good on you working on your core - it's something I always think about but always neglect!

Ceal - great training - you leave no stone unturned - I guess that is why you are so successful.

Aws - you are doing it! 

Graham - sounds lovely where you are running.

JJ - bet you will be glad when all this work has been finished.

Went for about an hour's walk with Mae - sure it is not enough for her, will have to take her somewhere where she can run free.

17/09/2012 at 20:55

Windows done. Kitchen lights changed to something a bit more up to date. Spare bedroom prepared for wallpapering tomorrow.

busbar
There are so many bits of new software that I can't find any use for that I can only assume they have been written in the hope that one day they will be useful for something.

Mick
The checkup was a wise move.

JJ

17/09/2012 at 21:29

MickC - in a way it must be a relief to know that there is a good explanation for your having been feeling not-so-good lately especially as far as running is concerned. Hope the diabetes tests come back negative; they probably will.

Been swimming.

Tracey - I'm still hoping you'll tell me what girly press-ups are, so that I can see if I can do them.

17/09/2012 at 21:51
Columba - press up when you are balanced on your knees with your ankle across each other. Hope that makes sence.
17/09/2012 at 22:47
Mick glad Doc was able to come up with a reason for you feeling below par, hopefully you'll soon be back on form.

Frustratingly they still haven't sorted out the results from yesterday, Darrell is one of many who are shown as DNS; who says chip timings better !!

Despite being a PW I am surprising upbeat, more so than before yesterday's race, and have entered another 3 of our road league events. All are pretty flat, 10m, half and 10k as I don't want hilly races yet.

Mike T
Edited: 17/09/2012 at 23:12
18/09/2012 at 11:40

Good Day,

Impey
Sounds like a good holiday was had by your both. All the best for your 10k race on Sunday, it can be a good training run if nothing else.

Mick6
Well that sounds as if all is sorted now. I would be surprised if you have Diabetes, well I hope not anyway. We are all looking ofrward to seeing you next week. Which day do you travel over here?

Empty
What a shame about Darrell's DNS result. I think he said he ran 45 mins, so I presume he was wearing a watch.

JJ
Lots of activity in your house, jobs are getting sorted fast.

NZC
How long now until the next marathon? 

18/09/2012 at 12:03

I found it quite cool out today whilst running. I warmed up for 19:35 mins, 3.5 k av pace 5.35 min per k, av HR 112, MHR 134 then I did 5 x 400's on grass, at around 5k pace  with 200 slow jog recoveries (90sec). Although they were most likely a little faster than 5k pace ! But that was the intention and they most certainly weren't flat out.  They are just to keep the nervous system stimulated ready for the race at the weekend, which I intend to enjoy. Finished with a few jogs around the cricket pitch giving me a total of 5.36 miles for the session.

Edited: 18/09/2012 at 12:34
18/09/2012 at 12:50

busbar
I forgot to ask how your Abbingdon marathon training is coming along.

18/09/2012 at 13:05

ooh blimey!

Lots of familiar faces still in here

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.