Over 60s training.

127,581 to 127,600 of 133,912 messages
K2
10/12/2012 at 17:36

Gym session
Treadmill - 30 on 30 off, RS style
Upper body weights on machines.

Lovely surprise when I got home - a friend of K4's had sent me some Christams tree decorations made from chandelier crystals. They'll be lovely on the tree. I don't seem to be able to do a link but here's her website - lots of pretty things.
http://www.themagpiesdaughter.co.uk/

Out tonight for greek meal with PTOTY's clients.

10/12/2012 at 17:46

K2
the necklaces are suitable for teenagers and are delightful, I shall be ordering from there.  I hope you will enjoy your Greek evening.

JJ
What a steep hill that was  

10/12/2012 at 17:50

Ceal
It's a very hard course. I'm waiting for the day I can run it the other way round.

K2
Don't drink greek wine if there's an alternative.
JJ

10/12/2012 at 17:55

oooo I like Domestica (or whatever it is), I find it goes well with Greek food, maybe it needs the sunshine too.

10/12/2012 at 19:13

A freezing rain day today, very yuk.

JJ,
Your run sound a bit of a grind, but you got it done and that is what counts. Well done.

MT,
The half is easy to under estimate, it has a way of biting you in the rear. It is not like the marathon where you know you have to be very conservative. I find with the half you feel great up to 15k at an above LT pace but that last 6k can be very uncomfortable, where you pay for running too fast. Still another lesson in the bank but I am sure it is one you already knew.

K2,
I can hear those muscles building from here

Awful day so I did 5 miles on the treadmill at an average 9:10ish pace. I used the ceal method of gradually increasing the pace to make it more interesting. Followed up with lots of stretching and then a few pull up type exercises.

10/12/2012 at 19:17

At last, back in the land of the living.  Out of the wilderness of 16 days of no running that was due to a nasty cold virus in the form of a persistent hard cough . Marg had it first then I had to be sociable and join in !  Also trouble with laptop which was out of action for over 2 weeks.  Further trouble with car but found a source for replacement alloy wheels instead of buying new steel ones which turned out a lot cheaper plus inclusion of tyres. I now have a spare set of tyres too!
Laptop keyboard has been replaced with a new one and also hard drive replaced, at least this all was done free of charge !

So today (hopefully) is the first day of a comeback.   Five slow miles around the park was enough for starters so I expect it'll take quite a while before getting to where I was before. Really slow pace but thats the way it is,  12.07,  11.37, 11.25, 11.02, 11.52.

Now have lots of thread to catch up on, I bet I've missed loads

10/12/2012 at 20:12

Impey
Welcome back after your eventful couple of weeks. Don't forget that running 5 miles is an achievement in itself.

ceal
I think it's called Domestos.

Mick
It's an uphill task.
JJ

10/12/2012 at 21:22

Welcome back, Impey - sounds as though you, Marg and the computer have all had health problems.

Been swimming.

Working tomorrow, - have to set off early in what is forecast to be sub-zero temps and possibly freezing fog. Nice! Then should have a club run in the evening.

10/12/2012 at 22:05

Columba
Hope you can get back for the club run.
JJ

10/12/2012 at 23:32

Thanks  JJ,  your run today looked formidable being  mostly steep.  Must be better in other direction even if you were economical with truth !

11/12/2012 at 06:41
JJ - that's a lot of hill training Well done.

Impey - I seem to get really bad colds around Christmas time every other year. Bernard has a cold, hope he keeps it to himself.

Columba - hope you make club x

Mike - Asda have ice grips to put on the sole of your shoes, thought of you.

Running club tight without Roobs So will go out with the faster runners.
aws
11/12/2012 at 08:01

Good morning

5.08M; 1:08:54.9; 13:34/M; -1°C

Still in baker's dozen country and enjoying not looking at the g.

Impey - I could do with a small helping of your very slow pace.

al

Edited: 11/12/2012 at 08:07
11/12/2012 at 12:10

Hello all,
I have an interesting article for all of you living with heavy traffic.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2246332/Jogging-outside-make-stupid--likely-suffer-mental-health-problems.html

Cold and dry today, -11c. Off to the gym but it may still have to be treadmill if there is too much ice about. Had to put my bonnie away for the winter yesterday, all very sad.

11/12/2012 at 12:28
Mick6,

That article makes a lot of sense. Very reason I do virtually all my running in a traffic free country park and trails. Thanks for the link.
K2
11/12/2012 at 15:08

Swim done. Only a bit but it was Tuesday's fitness task.
Mon, Weds, Fri - treadmill (RS exercises) and gym (upper body, machines or free weights)
Tues, Thurs - swim - backstroke arms and legs.
These sessions for about three weeks (after Christmas or the end of the year) aimed at getting me back into a routine and building swimming stamina.
Weekends will be rest/core/flexibar/etc.

Meal last night was good fun - great company, good food, floowed by plate-smashing and dancing (not enough of the latter).

Mick6
They're creaking!

11/12/2012 at 16:26

Tracey,

Strange how these bugs get us around Christmas time isn't it?  Hopefully this time we got rid of virus early enough to keep clear for a change!    Also we both had flu jabs only a week before getting bad colds.  Blood tests for cholesterol, diabetes etc have shown no cause for alarm so that's good news.

JJ,

That was a great job your bank did in clearing up those fraudulent transactions 

11/12/2012 at 17:00

Impey, welcome back to the thread. Hope you have a trouble-free period now with your running and you can really get back into it.

I'm meant to be running the latest team handicap on the coast at 7:30 this evening. It's already freezing but there's nothing about it being cancelled on the website. Hard to believe the pavements are ice-free though. The course is yards from the sea at all points and that sometimes makes a slight difference.

11/12/2012 at 17:11

Graham
all the best on that one.

Impey
Hi

11/12/2012 at 17:18

ev'ning all

Graham
well if the waves are crashing over the prom they salt water may keep it clear Good luck anyway

Impey
good to have you back - and running too - and as far as I can manage as well!!!
I managed a couple of trips to London including Tube travel without picking up a bug which is the normal place for me to get 'em!1 You must have got the hardier northern sort. Good news on the test results

JJ
Turn left instead of right - all downhill??!!
I think you are right about Greek wine
apparently retsina was the product of the Turks trying to stop Greeks drinking wine - they ordered the addition of pine resin to wine and created a whole new, and nasty, taste sensation!!!

K2
variety is the ............means to aching all over 
meal sounded fun!!

Mick6
it's about that here today as well !!

I am running tonight with a return to hashing - could be interesting underfoot. However the pub venue is noted for its big, open fire and good grub so there are some compensations.

11/12/2012 at 17:20

oooh - a totp 

Edited: 11/12/2012 at 17:21
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.