Over 60s training.

128,261 to 128,280 of 133,995 messages
11/02/2013 at 22:12

Ah! - Somehow, I must have seen his post before he'd finished altering it. Indeed, before he'd started altering it.

12/02/2013 at 10:33

good morning

Busbar
I am not sure what your physio is saying about your injury!!!
Usually calcium deposits in the muscle are associated with  an impact injury 

When calcium deposits form in a previously injured muscle, it is called myositis ossificans. Myositis means muscle inflammation. Ossificans means calcification or bone formation.

It usually occurs after an injury to a large muscle. The most common muscle involved is the thigh muscle (quadriceps). It can also occur in the upper arm (triceps) and other muscles. There is usually a blow to the muscle that causes a hematoma (a deep bruise with bleeding). For example, a soccer player may be kicked in the thigh . Over time as the deep bruise heals, calcium deposits may form in the muscle tissue. This may happen over several months. No one really knows why this occurs. 

I am not sure that physio can release the calcium deposits but maybe they can be broken down and then re absorbed into the bloodstream. Maybe you have been playing football secretly or your wife has been kicking you in bed ?????

Columba
I do not think I am  worthy of such admiration just yet - I will let you know when I am

I have lost smilies so have resorted to the old signs

JJ
I see your post as a quote so something is still up with  your connection.

Run this evening in Wetherby which could be a long one if history is anything to go on . However the area is pretty flat and I tend to seek out such areas just now though the road to the moors is beginning to look a little bit tempting at times - and then I firmly put that thought back in its box!!!!

12/02/2013 at 10:36

strange - old signs converted automatically into smilies though the drop down still does not work.

Tiler is busy at work putting 50m2 of large format (600 x 400mm ) ivory travertine on the walls of the newly formed en suite bathroom - it looks spectacular!!!

12/02/2013 at 10:45
TS
Your enuite sounds almost completed now that you are having the cosmetic finishes put in.

busbar
Was perhaps the bio treatment, the use of a laser? I know some Physio's use them in their work.

Columba
I hope your group swimming sessions work well for you. Maybe the person taking the classes does individual lessons too. It could be worth asking. However, the group class might serve your needs.

Impey
What weight kettlebells have you got.? Can I suggest you do a bit of research on the correct form for using them. It would be worth it.

I have just done a 50 min kettlebell session, a new DVD, it was certainly harder than running for 50 mins!!! But of course different muscles are being used. The programme worked every muscle in my body.
Edited: 12/02/2013 at 10:46
12/02/2013 at 10:51

Morning posting rom Chrome

JJ yesterday on the thread in websites bugs after no response from RW towers meldy report thread to moderator to speed thins up did get a response they are looking into it now. At least they know now.

TS i have a vague memory of you entering a marathon did i imagine it. Which one? I entered one last night Chester 33 weeks and 4 days away. Gives me 15 weeks to build up to something to tart some kind of marathon training

Eye is coming on  still there  but is fading a bit.

12/02/2013 at 11:10

Pammie
I keep trying to think I imagined it as well - but no - I entered the new event - York marathon - which sold out after 3 days. Late October - the website very kindly has a countdown clock on it

Good news about the eye fadiing - bet you get fed up telling people how it happened.

Ceal
it's a big finishing touch!!!  And then the floor has to be laid..............
..............and then fititng all the sanitary fittings .......................................and  then the final decoration ................... and then fitting out the walk in wardrobe....................and then moving everything back in !!!!

12/02/2013 at 11:11

Ceal
stop buying the DVD's!!!! 

12/02/2013 at 11:14

TS - Chester has a time clock too  

12/02/2013 at 11:53
Pammie - I'm really fed up with winter marathon training. At least you will get to train in warmer conditions. I wondered why Chester as it a long way away from you.
12/02/2013 at 12:15

Ceal-TS
         To be honest it's probadly me not listening to what the physio saying.
Had the same problem when iwas at school although i went every day i didn't pay attention.

Pammie-Are you going to follow a pacific plan for chester(sorry question mark not working on keyboard).The plan i was following was the p&d up to 55miles which i thought was quite good.Best of luck to you.

12/02/2013 at 13:00
Panniers - definitely recommend doing core and strength training. At the moment I do a 30 min work out once a week. Bernard also does a work out twice a weeks.
12/02/2013 at 13:12
busbar wrote (see)
Still using the Quote facility to post anything so you're right TS.
No rain or snow today so I a hosepipe ban is imminent

Pammie
I've reported the problem twice by email and once using the Moderator link.
Who is the tart you mentioned. Is it you?

Ceal
If the kettle bell is worse than running you can keep it.
JJ

12/02/2013 at 13:21
JJ
Not worse but more challenging.
12/02/2013 at 15:05

JJ - Probably

Tracey Really an autumn marathon is better for me  as work is more manic and tend to lose a lot of training nov - Jan so to do it properly  better  to tackle an autumn one 

Why Chester wanting something flatish although don't mind a bit undulatng  just not hilly seen a few peeps mention it over on fetch and it appealed. Did think about undulating  but wasn't  sure how safe  current position is at work new manager will decide  so i decided not to. Still don't know new manager will probably decide but won't know till at least  next month. 

A bit of chat on facebook last night  kind of sealed the deal as have  been wanting to do one for a while. Hippo says its a nice one I might curse the odd hot  day when training  but it will be better for me. 

12/02/2013 at 15:10

oh and route passes into orth Wales which will be fun goes through villages of Lavister and Rossett.

12/02/2013 at 17:52
Pammie - have you sorted out your accommodation for your marathon? Hotels get booked up quick
12/02/2013 at 18:18

Yes already done and confirmed got a place near the start/finish  a few other fetchies staying in the same place

12/02/2013 at 21:32

TS - OK, I'll reserve my admiration until notified.

Ceal - Phoned the Rhayader swimming pool about lessons. Confirmed they are on Monday at 6.00 p.m. or Thursday at 12.00 noon. I asked, Do I just turn up? Don't know, I was told; then a long "gone-to-find-out" silence, followed by a request to leave my phone number and they'd call me back. And have they called me back? - No. 

5.37 miles this evening with the running club, temperature just above zero. Then home to a pile of pancakes.

12/02/2013 at 22:30

Columba,
We have a similar disease here. One of the worse seems to by local businesses who you think would be eager for the work. Good luck.

TS,
How many 20+ miles are you planning on and when will you start to ramp up the weekly mileage and to what? Very interested in how your body is going to react. I hate to admit it but the thought of another marathon lurks out there, despite my extreme denials.

A very sloppy day out there so decided on a short progressive on the treadmill.

10:59 AM Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Treadmill5.3k, progressive, felt strong.

Run Duration = 28:33,  Run Length = 5.3 Kms or 3.3 Miles

Average Run Pace = 05:22 per Km or 08:38 per Mile, Age grade =  63.3 %

Average Run WHR = 64.8 %,  Max Run WHR = 82.5 %

Average Run Effort = 750.0 Heart Beats per Kilometre

Average Run Cadence = 83.5, Average stride length = 1.1 m

Lap  Duration  Kms     Miles    Per Km     Per Mile    AWHR    MWHR   Cad  Slength

01    06:27    1.0         0.6       06:27       10:23       44.1%      53.1%       80.0        0.97

02    05:40    1.0         0.6       05:40       09:07       56.6%      62.2%       84.0        1.05

03    05:14   1.0         0.6       05:14       08:25       66.4%      69.9%       84.0        1.14

04    04:56    1.0         0.6       04:56       07:57       73.4%      77.6%       84.0        1.20

05    04:45    1.0         0.6       04:45       07:39       78.3%      81.8%       85.0        1.24

06    01:29    0.3         0.2       04:39       07:30       81.1%      82.5%       85.0        1.26

Edited: 12/02/2013 at 22:55
13/02/2013 at 07:34
Good morning,

Columba
How very annoying for you. Would it be worth going over to the pool to the 12.00 session in order to see the instructor and try and fix something up. It would give you an opportunity to view the class and see if it is what you want.

Mick6
That was very progressive. It is the only way to get through a treadmill session in my opinion!

I have nothing too say except that I am having a rest day today. Everywhere feels very worked. It is a good feeling.
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.