Over 60s training.

129,181 to 129,200 of 133,504 messages
26/04/2013 at 19:27

'lo
Wednesday I managed a bit of a hard day. Did some running then shifted some very heavy barrow loads of topsoil. Yesterday the quads wouldn't move. Still recovering today.

TS
Ladders have always wrecked my leg muscles.
BT's website will do an upload/download speed test for you. My transfer rate is very much quicker using fibre optic cable but nothing like the theoretical maximum.

Ceal
It took me ages to cancel all the other offers

At least Matilda seems perfectly normal.

Useful run there.
I shall decline the June offer although I may come and support. It's too soon for me to get fit enough to do a sensible time.

Diana
You recovered very quickly from the shingly run. Clearly your basic fitness is very good.

Is it a posh designer frock?
JJ

26/04/2013 at 19:28

Ceal,

Late in answering...but I knew the 5k distance was short as I have literally run around the course over a thousand times.  And actually recalling back my time was under 28 minutes but we still haven't seen any official results yet

TS,

Lucky you!   Fibre optic for broadband, bet it is very impressive as regards speed.  Could do with it around here but I think it'll take yonks.

Since being on here a few days ago the thread has been filling up so much I can't keep pace with it!    Obviously, I should be reading each day.

Keeping up with the modest running.   5.1 miles today including hilly bits.

26/04/2013 at 19:29

Btw, hailstones today!

26/04/2013 at 19:33

Diana,

You're keeping up a very good training standard.  Well done on nice racing pace in that race despite the shingly beach stretches, must slow anyone down that.  I reckon I'd be walking

aws
26/04/2013 at 22:27

Good evening and goodnight.

nrd due to PPPP. 

Work out that one Columba.

al

aws
27/04/2013 at 08:11

Good morning

7.15M; 1:35:59.0; 13:26/M; 5°C

That was hard going and slow but it took off 2½lbs weight.

al

27/04/2013 at 10:56

Barking parkrun this morning

3.13 miles

28:53

Average pace 9:14

9:17

9:18

9:14

1:03 (for 0.13m at 8:28 pace)

27/04/2013 at 14:20

Good time on your parkrun, Tracey.

Upping the distance I see aws.

Sociable run in the forest yesterday evening, with a bit of stopping to consider routes & admire views. I realise that I hadn't set the auto-pause back on after disabling it in order to run my garmin flat before recharging, so see if I could stop it going flat so quickly (which does appear to have worked), so a very slow 11:40 pace recorded. We seem to have picked the main donkey assemly area for the New Forest, and must have seen at least 40 of them!

3.31 miles at 10:04 pace today (still no autopause, and had a few road crossings and gates, plus stopped to photograph what I believe were wood anemones.

Posh frock is a sort of bronze crochet with sequins (and underdress of the same colour) and not designer but M&S 2011 vintage!

27/04/2013 at 18:30

Hello

Aws

brilliant distance, a good going. Are you going to increase the length of your longer run by a  mile each month, in preparation for your intended, pending in the future marathon? 

JJ

I am impressed that you cancelled all other Favours to accomodate me. I hope your poor quads have made a recovery now. That was a tough task for them after a run. I am sure you could race the June race, it is 8 weeks away. 

Tracey,

Another good race from you. Twice in la week too. Good going. 

Diana

I like the sound of a vintage ball gown. The colour sounds dIrvine. Who is driving?

27/04/2013 at 18:39

I was back in merino long sleeved sweater this morning for my run, 'cause it was decidedly chilly. 

I went along my trail again, noticing that the leaves on many of the the trees seem to have appeared over night, like magic. 

My HR is starting to look more like  mine again rather than someone else's. Well a bit more like mine. 

I ran 4.2 miles in 40.33 mins, av pace 9.39 mm, av hr 128, MHR 148

splits

10.16 mm, av hr 111

10.00 mm, av hr 116

9.28 mm, av hr 120

9.29 mm, av hr 131

9.34 mm, av hr 137

9.20 mm,av hr 142

9.20 mm, av hr 145

I very nearly reached the bottom of the trail, quite ot quite, I was tempted to go all the way, but sensibility took hold and I didn't,

My ipad isstill incompatible with this website!  Apologies for all the line spaces, I can do nothing about it. 

27/04/2013 at 18:54

ceal,
It can't be your HR profile it still has a bit of a drift to it

Tracey,
that is very consistent pacing for a 5k, I wish I could do that , I always seem to fade at the 4th k.

aws,
7 miles, I think I hear a marathon coming.

A easy 10 miler for me today to finish up my week. Mileage was down, 54k, but it was a tough week. I did a progressive, 10x 400s, hills and a LSR. 

Mick

27/04/2013 at 19:07

It's cold. 7C this afternoon.

Tracey
What's your 5k PB. I can't remember it.

Diana
Clearly you'll be the belle of the ball.

Ceal
 I can't get racing fit in 8 weeks.
JJ

27/04/2013 at 19:14

JJ,
Same weather as here but it is forecasted to be 21c and sunshine tomorrow.

This site is soooo annoying, I can't seem to post anything without issues !!!!
If it wasn't for the quality of the people here I would move on.

Edited: 27/04/2013 at 19:16
27/04/2013 at 19:17

In 2 weeks I have my first race, a 5k. I ran this same race last year and went through a similar training cycle.

If I compare the two training cycles from the Jan 1, I get the the following

2012                                        2013

Total Mileage                         960k                                        999k

Avg Weekly Mileage              56.5k                                       58.8k

Speed Work Sessions

Fartlek                                    9                                              5

Hills                                         3                                              2

Long Intervals                         0                                              2

Progressives                            0                                              2

Edited: 27/04/2013 at 19:18
27/04/2013 at 19:19

Short Intervals                           3                                              3

Tempo                                     1                                              2

My target time is 22:30 but I only hit 23:16 last year but I was nursing my Achilles, so given this comparison, have I done enough to get there?

27/04/2013 at 19:51

Mick6

YES, I believe you can.

JJ

neither can I, but will have a go!

27/04/2013 at 20:00

JJ - My 5k OMB is 26:48 seI in April 2008 running with you my lovely x

Managed to get as close as 27:30 last year. I don't do may 5k's

27/04/2013 at 20:11

Many 

27/04/2013 at 20:15

Aws - post-prandial pepper palaver?

Haven't been on here for days, because I rely on email prompts to tell me when there's been a "response" to my last posting, and there ain't been any. Seemed a bit unlikely, so found my own way and discovered there have been pages of posts!

Not a hint of blossom yet on cherry, nor Victoria plum, nor apple trees. Leaf buds visibly growing, but only in the last week. Everything here very delayed, - it's always more delayed than much of the rest of the country, but this year even delayed-er.

Club run on Tuesday, work on Wednesday so NRD, swimming lesson on Thursday (the first of a new batch) and pyramid session on Friday. Was pleased with the pyramid, as the intervals were mainly faster than last week's - not by a lot, but consistently - which in turn was slightly faster than any of the previous six. It felt really hard, didn't enjoy it at all, especially as there was a cold wind blowing which I hadn't anticipated, having been lulled into a false sense of warmth by the sunshine. But pleased when I got home and unpacked the times on the Garmin.

Ceal, you say you don't enjoy racing. And yet you're very competitive. Maybe that's what you don't enjoy?

27/04/2013 at 20:56

Evening

5.73 miles run walk leisurely one min on/off (1:15:52) 13:34 pace altogether

nice and sunny

JJ/Ceal I won't be race fit either  but like  what Daniels says  race when you're  unfit  because next time out you'll race better. I like that logic

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.