Over 60s training.

133,541 to 133,543 of 133,543 messages
Yesterday at 12:50

Diana,
Well done on your 30k !!!!
Your very early morning run was only 7 mins slower, they would have to have gone and found me, I would have fallen asleep somewhere.

Columba,
Whoever said that the British were eccentric, water powered cuckoo clocks.

I just had a huge flock of Turkeys wander through my garden, too many to count.

A recovery run yesterday where I got caught in a major thunder storm, just got a little wet as in supersaturated.

Another easy one scheduled for today as I have my LSR tomorrow.

I seem to have got myself into looking after other people's computers, even my plumber. I am setting up QuickBooks for his business, in between cleaning up his wife desktop to make it useable and fellow runners misbehaving applications.
Not sure how all this happened. I need to get a job to have a rest from DIY projects, emergencies and other people's computers.

Mick

Yesterday at 15:35
JJ
Good to hear that jogging and walking is continuing even if they are shortish

Mick
Lol to wanting a job to escape all your DIY etc! A flock of turkey's, hey, do they make a lot of noise in a flock. I thought you might be interested in this link www.kinetic-revolution.com/maintain-running-cadence-under-fatigue-on-race-day/

Columba
Wow, what a garden. I had a good look at the website and would love to visit it. I have a friend who lives in Kimbolton near to Hereford. I will ask her if she has been there, if not, I shall insist that she goes asap.

Diana,
When is the BIG day? You did so well in the 24 hour event that you took part in. I bet it was fun as well as hard work. Certainly one for the memory book.

I had a recovery 5.2 mile run today, low av HR of 110 and slow av pace of 10.45 mm, but that will do just fine after my fast 5k yesterday. My watch was excellently behaved today.

I won't be runing tomorrow or posting on here, I will read to see what is going on. My family are coming for the day, lots of cooking going on there today.

I have planned BBQ'd chicken wings, marinating right now in the fridge, BBQ'd rack of spare pork ribs with a very tasty sauce. Langoustines, not sure yet as to how I will cook them! All served with potato salad and beetroot and carrot salad, courgette salad and different coloured tomatoes salad which I purchased in Borough market the other day when I was in London. To follow, home made vanilla Ice-cream, courtesy of Stewart with chocolate and caramel sauce and home made meringues which I am about to make.

Where is NZC, hope she is ok,
Yesterday at 20:38

Mick - were these domestic turkeys or wild ones?

Like you, I got supersaturated during my run today. It was supposed to be "45 minutes undulating". As everything here is undulating, I decided on 45 mins moderately hilly, and set off soon after 7.00 this morning in a little drizzle. The little drizzle rapidly developed into steady rain. In spite of this - and the hills - I really enjoyed it!

Ceal - you made my mouth water. Any left over?

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
133,541 to 133,543 of 133,543 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.