Over 60s training.

133,761 to 133,765 of 133,765 messages
aws
Yesterday at 08:09

http://www.alanshelley.co.uk/a3002.jpg

Golden Green

Remember winter?

Yesterday at 10:22

JJ, I'm not sure I knew you'd had two knee operations. 

Busbar,that's a good pace for a hilly training run.

Columba, good idea to reccy the course as you have the chance.

Yesterday at 10:35

The 5k race last night was two laps of an undulating course on wide paths in a country park. A nice course.

I'd charged my Garmin but when I tried to turn it on just before the start nothing happened. Slight panic as I like to know the finishing time if not the automatic lap splits. Luckily I had my phone with me so could look up what to do and the problem was solved.  I was feeling good so was just a little disappointed with the time of 21:17.

Probably being a bit hard on myself as there were hills as well as a stiff breeze. I was second M65 behind Harry, as so often. Surprisingly for a small race there was a prize for second place, a £10 voucher.

Edited: 29/08/2014 at 10:41
Yesterday at 18:57
Graham
Don't be disappointed with your race time for too long. You have just had a holiday as you mention, the stiff breeze and hills will have played their part in making the race a challenge. A voucher for where? The draw back to vouchers, I found, was that one had to spend more money in the shop fonating the voucher, in order to cash it in!!

Busy day, but I did fit in a slow recovery 3.55 miles. No running tomorrow, we are out most of the day. No, not singing! We shall meet my daughter and families new 9 week old Whippet puppy.
Yesterday at 21:22

Ran a short loosener today which has worked quite well.
MrsJJ has another morning of hospital treatment tomorrow so I doubt I shall get in a run. Must keep to the right priorities.

aws
Is that Golden Green the one near Tonbridge?

Graham
In my very early 60s my knee cartilage started breaking up. After a lifetime of sport it had started splitting up so bits were removed.

You can only make comparisons with your best race times when the course and weather conditions are the same.
JJ

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
133,761 to 133,765 of 133,765 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.