Over 60s training.

134,941 to 134,941 of 134,941 messages
Yesterday at 18:53

Chris,
I too have dropped out of a marathon, so I think I know how you feel. No matter how rational a decision it was you still feel like a quitter. The next time out you will consign this memory to the bin.

ceal,
Good luck with your new career on the indoor track.

I checked in with my physio yesterday and I am glad to report she said that there was nothing serious a miss with my knee. Some of my lateral ligaments are inflamed and slightly swollen so lay off running for a week should see me back. Xtraining is ok so hit the gym today with 30 mins on the spinner, 5k row and then assorted weights and exercises.

I wore my HRM for the spin and row just to see how it compared with a run on the treadmill.

http://s4.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/276722/gallery/compare_10.jpg?width=350

The red line is the spin and row, you can see where I switched activities.

The blue line is the run on the treadmill.

I can raise my HR on both the spinner and the rower but I cannot sustain it, my muscles give out very quickly. 

I was working fairly hard on all three machines with what seemed like a similar effort but as you can see with a very different impact on my HR.

Mick

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
134,941 to 134,941 of 134,941 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.