Overdone it?

5,201 to 5,220 of 16,666 messages
25/03/2014 at 21:06
lou Diamonds wrote (see)

Hope you manage to get it sorted soon - are you doing any x training whilst you're waiting?

With suffering from flu for last two weeks I haven't done anything - my head is just starting to clear and feel less tired so my mind is turning to how and what I should be doing - although I have a lot more time my motivation for anything has taken a real plummet, I think the uncertainty over my injury is not helping. Off to do something now though.

Not sure Coach will be enjoying his trip to Manchester.

26/03/2014 at 11:32

- miserable moany sod aren't I!

Right I've turned over a new leaf today. Clearly if I've still got lump I can't run at moment with or without an MRI scan so that may as well stay at 9th April and I just need to accept no running till then.

So 6 week plan from today without any running now in place mainly focussing on my core, glutes, hips and hip flexors - more than one way to get fit! In meantime I'm just going to sit back and enjoy all the marathon build up.

If I get to run before end of 6 weeks then I'll take that as a bonus.

26/03/2014 at 11:57

That's the attitude skinny, just enjoy the suffering elsewehere

I'm off for ten later with 7 ish at mp. I'm going to actually try and sit at mp today instead of banking time in first half and fading second. Its not happened so far but today's the day. 

26/03/2014 at 11:58
Skinny Fetish Fan wrote (see)

- miserable moany sod aren't I!

Well, I didn't want to just come out and say it...

Though actually I think that having a positive attitude and making the most of a shit situation are good things, but there's nothing wrong with trying to get an earlier appointment too (as long as it isn't going to stress you out more, which it sounds like it might have been).

26/03/2014 at 15:24

My big match prediction was a good one then. Not sure whether it was the kiss of death, or simply demonstrating how much I know about football nowadays...

Well done, Skinny - good to have a plan and take your mind off the frustration.

Pete - Interesting, thanks. Impressive correlation between the 8 x 1k session, and the actual race performance once you got some decent conditions.

Good track session a couple of days after a tough 24 miler, Richard!

Lou - That 10k was over-distance then, at least on the watch? Knackers. 9 miler sounds good.

Lit - Were you at pilates last night? Too busy talking to notice you come out from your class if you were! Jackie said my attempts at the beastly lunging type stretch at the end were 'actually pretty good'.  I'm still a dismally uncoordinated thrashing of arms and legs when we do the dead bugs though.

Enjoy your 10, DT.

Easy 5 for me - will probably dash home to try to get it done in the light and take to the playing fields. Get a bit of some forgiving ground under my feet, before smashing round on the tarmac / concrete at HP tomorrow!

26/03/2014 at 15:46

Bob - Say nothing about tonight's fixtures please. This is why I don't ever engage in football banter and predictions. It always bites you on the arse.

Even when learning that DT was a toffee, I could only bring myself to think, good for him, they're on the up ! 

Skinny - Get thee to an elliptical, set the resistance to high, and get yourself some sea legs 

26/03/2014 at 15:53

Skinny - Get thee to an elliptical, set the resistance to high, and get yourself some sea legs

Haha - I won't be doing that because I would have to join a gym and also ellipticals give me migraine - my 6 week programme is sufficiently tough that I'm not looking forward to it without adding extra things in.

26/03/2014 at 16:44

Fame at last. I made it into the Liverpool Echo Twitter feed where's me toupee...

Edited: 26/03/2014 at 16:49
26/03/2014 at 16:54

Did they set the dwarves off before the main field?

26/03/2014 at 17:28

Skinny - He was pretty fast actually and was in and around me through Sefton Park. He scuttled past me at the end - must have been taking shelter along the foreshore.

By the way is your programme anything like this ?

26/03/2014 at 17:35

Skinny - do the 100 press up challenge, that'll give you a focus for 6 weeks

26/03/2014 at 18:30

Muddy , I assume your the taller chap in the middle? David Moyes has basically turned united in to Everton!

10 done. Had a siesta between 2 and 4 pm so was a bit sluggish in warm up. 7 at mp came out 7.11 mm. I was still bouncing about the paces a bit but the majority of miles were around 7.10. Legs still had fatigue in them from Sundays 20/14 session. 

26/03/2014 at 19:00

I have done the 100 press up challenge. Don't forget to keep your elbows in by your sides to make it more challenging. 

It took me a hell of a lot longer than 6 weeks, though.

26/03/2014 at 19:10
DT- Yeah in the middle. So does that mean you will do 26.2 @ 7:10. I make that about 3:08 for the marathon. Impressive for a first attempt I think.
26/03/2014 at 19:14

mace,  you bastard, because you mentioned that I just felt compelled to go and check I could still do 100 press ups (not done more than 50 at a time for a while). I just about managed it , but the last 15 or so were a bit shit .

EDIT: with hindsight, perhaps just after dinner and a glass of wine was not the best time to attempt a push-up exhaustion test inspired by a stranger from the internet. So, running! I did 12 miles at 6:30am today. 

Edited: 26/03/2014 at 19:20
26/03/2014 at 19:21
16 - not quite so impressive!
26/03/2014 at 19:27

Not bad though Skinny - I could barely do 5 when I started which is why it took me about 3 months to get to 100. You'd probably manage the 6 weeks from that base: http://hundredpushups.com/index.html

26/03/2014 at 19:46

Lit, do you do knees in press ups? Most females I know can barely manage one with legs out. In my peak when I was circuit training three times a week I managed 54 in 60 seconds. I doubt I could do 30 full stop now. 

Muddy- initially I thought 3.05 but I've not kicked on as hoped. Having done most of my mp training at 7mm, today felt like a nice step down. 

26/03/2014 at 19:49
I doubt? It will take about 60 seconds to find out.

What is a knees in press up?
26/03/2014 at 19:53

OF COURSE I DON'T DO KNEES. Credit me with some dignity, please, DT. Also, it's much easier to do them fast than slow, so the circuit-training 'do as many as you can in 60 secs' style is less beneficial than the pilates 'only do 5 but super-slow' version.

Skinny, it is what weak people and girls do to reduce the load by 50%: rest your body weight on your knees instead of your feet and do press ups from there.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.