Overdone it?

5,261 to 5,280 of 16,004 messages
28/03/2014 at 13:44

"finished in the pitch black"... "half-arsedly crowbarred in"...

28/03/2014 at 13:58

Yeah made it out for the ..ahem.. 'midweek' progressive 10k at 6.15 -ish this morning Bob

Looks like to meet my Jantastic obligations I'll have to do a Saturday and Sunday session, so three days on the bounce. 

28/03/2014 at 14:28

Hmm, we are in 10th in the team results section going into the final week. 4th (S) sized team. Not bad considering there are 1700 teams in it.

28/03/2014 at 16:03

We're going to lose Jantastic anyway when Mace fails to stretch a 1-mile run out for 15 hours.

28/03/2014 at 16:06
Yeah I had thought we were well out of it a week or so ago. Can you just run three more 24 milers this week to make up for it ? Should be no problem for a man of your calibre

I just realised I have another qualifying (1m) run for this week as I jogged to and from the little funster's 'parent consultation' slot at the nursery on Wednesday.
28/03/2014 at 16:07
X-post: I am of course referring to Richard, although Lit could probably oblige too.
28/03/2014 at 16:31
muddyfunster wrote (see)
X-post: I am of course referring to Richard, although Lit could probably oblige too.

As a man of that calibre or as a runner of 24 milers. 

I think we've done pretty well with Jantastic all things considered.

Richard - Lincoln is next weekend - Sunday 6th. Very good run for you last night, but my guess would be you probably need a revision on your Max-HR assumptions!

28/03/2014 at 17:14

Bob - your name has been bothering me for a few days - have you changed the presentation to add in some dashes or has it always looked like that?

28/03/2014 at 17:17

I think they used to be underscores and the RW elves changed them to hyphens.

28/03/2014 at 17:40

Richard - I suspect from the Jantastic target timed runs that Tommy and Mace might be park running this weekend .... which leads me onto this:

28/03/2014 at 18:29

Just about caught up, I think...

Good work Funster on the HM PB, sounds like a tough last 4 miles, will be interested to see how you go in your 10k, which is soonish I think?

Richard - shame you had a DNF but 24 hilly miles will definitely be good for come target marathon day.

Bob - smashing out reps in the dark, good effort, I think you'll crack sub 40 next weekend.

Skinny - sorry to hear that you're having to wait around to get the leg looked at, but sound like your a bit more positive about things now which is good.

As Bob guessed, I flew out to the Middle East earlier this week and having been in Cork last weekend I've been turbo-busy. Managed to get a couple of runs in but I forgot to log Jastastic last week, whoops. It's not easy to run here (Dubai) due to the bonkers traffic but have found a park not too far away which is pretty big so can do laps of that. Funster is sort of right in that I will be doing a timed run in a park tomorrow (hopefully if I get back in from the desert in time), not a parkrun but close...

I can't decide whether I want a 3.4k/2.1mile time or a 6.8k/4.2 mile time, both seem pretty special. Any suggestions? I can alter my jantastic predicted time but not the distance, which I'd previously set as 5k. I have tentatively put 27:30 for the two lap version but I might change it tomorrow depending how hot is, so I'll just have to claim that it was a v.slow or v.fast 5k as they won't let me change it.

28/03/2014 at 20:16
Oh crap I forgot the jantastic run !!!
28/03/2014 at 20:16

FFS. Is it too late to change teams?

28/03/2014 at 20:51
Tommy - Cheers, yes the 10k is London Marathon weekend (April 13th). I had forgotten about London when I booked the race. I would have liked to have watched it live.

For Jantastic I think its only the predicted vs actual time that matters so the distance is irrelevant to a certain extent.

Ha Mace, you can still change the time and go for a parkrun, assuming that fits with your plans. Hopefully the 1m won't matter. I don't think they award points for speed, more for pace accuracy.
28/03/2014 at 20:53

Use the 3rd mile split in the parkrun.

28/03/2014 at 21:13
Isn't it supposed to be a flat out effort ?
28/03/2014 at 21:14

Yes, but the points are for predicting the time you will run based on your knowledge of your own fitness. So you lose points for being too fast as well as too slow.

29/03/2014 at 06:23
No parkrun today as doing tomorrow's 13 ( got to get my son to a rugby tournament in Orpington by 8.30 tomorrow )

Oh well, 15 hour walk it is
29/03/2014 at 10:28

Right, because i wasn't keen on an all out effort so close to M-day, i fudged it a bit and decided to run "blind" and try to hit 3hr mara pace 6:52 for the 11th mile of this morning's 13. Not sure this is in the spirit of things and will satisfy the Jantastic police but that's my target for 6th April and what i've been training towards so what the heck.

I over-egged it anyway with a 6:42

In other news i've shed another 4 pounds since Lydd Half ...... 11-6   so 18 pounds dropped this campaign.

Edited: 29/03/2014 at 10:32
29/03/2014 at 10:45

I think that's entirely in the 'spirit of things' mace - they describe it as a test of your pacing judgment and that's what this was. Also sounds like a reasonably useful thing to have done pre-marathon.

I haven't been trying to lose weight but seem to be 8st 9 now - it's hard to shovel enough in with the higher mileage however greedy you are!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.