Overdone it?

5,961 to 5,968 of 5,968 messages
18/04/2014 at 22:11
Tell me about it. Went out at midday without my knotted handkerchief and the old bald spot is feeling it a bit now.

Have a good break everyone.
18/04/2014 at 22:46

Enjoy. Love Barcelona, though the twice I've been have been stag do's.

Well I'm still sporting my running vest suntan from Sunday.

Edited: 18/04/2014 at 22:46
19/04/2014 at 19:07

I went to Barcelona a few years ago for a music festival.  Lovely place.  Always intended to go back regularly, but haven't quite got round to it yet.

Sounds like everyone is taking it fairly easy at the moment.

As part of my endeavour to improve my running technique, I bought a metronome. Set it to 165:  I thought the increase from my normal ~160 cadence would be barely noticeable, but it was awful.  I'm not much of a dancer and my timing is terrible, so it required all my concentration to try to keep in time.  Absolutely exhausting and my hip started playing up so I sacked it off after about 3 miles and headed home at my 160 lope.  

Anyway, my left hip is still not quite right (but the right one is completely fine ), so I've got the bike out and made the most of the sunshine over the last couple of days.  Even tried a few hill reps this morning.  Went at them flat out and managed 4*90s until the legs said no more.  Perhaps a different pacing strategy (or a shallower hill) will be required next time.

Thanks for all the race suggestions - I've still not got my diary out to make a plan.  first proper effort will be cotswold Hilly 100 relay on 18th May.  Just scraped into the clubs a-team, though I think I'm probably the weakest in there.  

Kenilworth May Day 10k is a very hill cross country type race that will make ideal prep for hilly, provided I'm fit by then.  It's not a particularly competitive event (it's where my sole team prize was gained) but good fun for a bank holiday.

Enjoy the sunshine while it lasts, but don't forget your sun cream.

19/04/2014 at 19:16

That produced a very strange image for me, Lou, because in my head (t will probably surprise no-one to learn that I had cello lessons as a child) this is what a metronome looks like:

http://marshallmusicdirect.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/7335chord_metronome.jpg

19/04/2014 at 19:26

That's the one.  I thought the brown went well with my Garmin.

http://bycheryve.com/image/cache/data/WATCHES/PC-K01.V-1000x1000.jpg

19/04/2014 at 19:31

Joking aside, it can be set to different meter signatures, so I could waltz or polka down the road should I so wish.

Yesterday at 01:41
Stevie G wrote (see)

Like football clubs, road running clubs our way seem to have a cyclical nature, and Datchet seem to have the highest concentration in faster runners at the moment. For years i can only remember them really having one fastie...He's still around, and is one of those infuriating types who will claim he hasn't run in 4months, is semi disabled, and will still beat you at a canter

Actually there were two of them, but they're nearly identical twin brothers

Yesterday at 09:52
Never saw the other one for some reason,must have been before my time, or never crossed Paths

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
5,961 to 5,968 of 5,968 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.