P + D training for VLM 2013

2,261 to 2,280 of 5,754 messages
18/02/2013 at 18:47
Stutyr - you do get a bottle of London pride at the expo . Something else to have to carry!
18/02/2013 at 19:56

I just can't keep up here lots of reading back some great MP runs done even if a bit late  but better late than never. HeOw yep just love a 22 might go 23 next Sunday  Rest/recovery day here so 1 mile swim (64x25m front crawl) and just over 4 miles recovery run tonight. LT run tomorrow am and half mile intervals pm.

18/02/2013 at 20:26

Rest day for me too, so I've just been to a non-sadistic pilates class (regular one not on in half term).

AG: this is good too... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ul-hXaVmCEQ

18/02/2013 at 20:58

AG hope you get good news re the shin pain, although if the pain subsides as you run I wouldnt think it can be much , sounds like things are just a bit tight, hence when warmed up and into the run things ease off..

Lit, Pilates for me tomorrow morning AND Wednesday !! hopefully the ribs and sides  wont still be sore at the weekend last like week.., might have to split tomorrows 10 miles into 2 shorter runs to fit everything in as I am also working an afternoon shift.

Edited: 18/02/2013 at 21:02
18/02/2013 at 21:27

There is a flaw in my training schedule... THREE KIDS.  

18/02/2013 at 21:27

You'll learn to love it NN . Anyway, think of all the good it is doing your trunk stability!

18/02/2013 at 21:30
HeOw wrote (see)

There is a flaw in my training schedule... THREE KIDS.  

No excuse I have  2 kids PLUS 3 grandkids hope I dont make you feel like a lazy caaahhhh 

Lit I actually enjoyed it I know that anything that hurts is doing me good..

Edited: 18/02/2013 at 21:30
18/02/2013 at 21:37

HeOw, I think you will just have to count the kids as cross-training.

18/02/2013 at 21:44

I

literatin wrote (see)

HeOw, I think you will just have to count the kids as cross-training.

I looked after the youngest grandson this afternoon, went to the park pushing buggy great recovery walk/ jog..pushing on swings, great for the tri/biceps, then got  tea with him balanced on one hip with him clinging to my arm...great core stability workout...but I think Heows kids are a bit bigger than him so that might not be so easy

Edited: 18/02/2013 at 21:45
18/02/2013 at 21:48

Hmm, not sure about the 'balanced on one hip' in terms of pilates symmetry, unless you shifted him over to the other side halfway through getting tea...

18/02/2013 at 22:10

Hmmmm, that reminds me of my days as a barmaid, I had to make a conscious effort to switch arms when pulling pints to give my arms an equal workout, seriously I noticed my right bicep was bigger/ firmer than the other..

18/02/2013 at 22:12

Well just thought I would try and have a catch up but it's near impossible. Well done to all on some great race times, PBs and impressive runs. 

Fiona - great MP run, you must be confident after that 

I had to ditch my long run this weekend after 8 miles as I felt increasingly unwell as I went on, I am not going to be able to fit it in now so I think I will do the (16 with 12 at MP) next week instead of the 14 in the schedule. 

I can't believe how quickly this thread moves on.. blink and you miss 4 pages! 

19/02/2013 at 08:11

Extra long shift for me today so shifted my 8 miles GA  to last night, legs felt heavy from the MP run on Sunday at first but eased off with the miles.  Nice steady run.  Gives me a rest day today, from running, so enjoy your Tuesday all.

19/02/2013 at 09:08

I just went to go for a sports massage, and the place was on fire!

19/02/2013 at 10:01

Is this a Tim Vine one liner 15w?

Tell more

19/02/2013 at 10:41

No. Literally. Complete with fire engines etc. A fan heater had caught fire or something.

19/02/2013 at 10:44

as an aside feel really rough today and am staying home from work. Feel dizzy/sick....and have had plenty of visits to the loo...

19/02/2013 at 11:12

Sorry to hear you're not feeling well, Pottermiss & 15West. 15West, sounds like you need to just go back to bed and stay there and not try to eat anything till you're feeling better. Probably just as well you couldn't have a sports massage either! If someone tried that elbow-in-bottom manipulation on me when I had a stomach bug I'd probably just vomit on him.

I did tomorrow's VO2 intervals in my 10-mile run this morning, as I wanted to leave extra recovery time before racing at the weekend. First time I've used the 'advanced workout' function on the Garmin for this, so I did all the intervals with the Garmin yelling at me to slow down. Probably good for me, as I tend to go too fast rather than too slow, but I'm not 100% convinced I got the pace zone right when programming it. Partly because I've never raced a 5k so had to guess what my pace would be if I did, but also how much of a range do others give themselves when setting the desired pace zone for intervals?

19/02/2013 at 11:16

Good advice from Lit  for 15W, too good a time in London perhaps?  Pottermiss hope all is well soon.

Lit  you could just use the Macmillan calculator to give you a 5k pace using timing off other races.

19/02/2013 at 11:25
JF50 wrote (see)

Lit  you could just use the Macmillan calculator to give you a 5k pace using timing off other races.

Yeah, that's what I did, but I think I gave myself too much leeway in the target pace zone to go slower, and maybe not quite enough to go faster. Or maybe that's a good thing if I'm the sort of person who's going to try and race off faster than is good for me anyway?

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.