P + D training for VLM 2013

3,521 to 3,540 of 5,754 messages
21/03/2013 at 20:13

HeOw - you sure its only 2 weeks till taper? counting weeks is NOT your strong point I recall.

Green Start for me. Think I might phone up tomorrow and blag a championship start ala 15w.14 physically and mentally painful miles tonight. Hated every one. Deep Joy.

Forecast if it materialise is going to marmalise everyones lsr or race this weekend. A lot of people will be messing around with their first week of taper to compensate I fear.

21/03/2013 at 20:33

marmalise? What a brilliant word.

21/03/2013 at 20:35
Green start for me.
21/03/2013 at 20:50

If the snow this weekend prevents me from doing my 14 @ MP for the second week running, I will take it as an Act of God meaning I shouldn't bother.

21/03/2013 at 20:51

15 west - I  beleive its from the other end of the east lancs road - Ken dodd/scouse slang for brutalise/murder/trash etc.

See you there SR

21/03/2013 at 20:52

x - post  - Bet you dont Lit - bet you fit in somewhere

21/03/2013 at 20:55

Well... but I don't want to much cos it'll be hard.

Chris, I'm in the smug bastards' bit of the blue start, but going slower than you, so don't forget to wave as you zoom past me/trample me underfoot.

21/03/2013 at 21:12
I'll come and try and hang out with you lit and the other smug bastards! No doubt you will pass me as I die at Mile 20!
Edited: 21/03/2013 at 21:35
22/03/2013 at 08:16
Bit worried that the green start could be packed with slow 'celebs' and other media types.

On the other hand if Nell McAndrew is running again then can try and use her as a pace maker.
22/03/2013 at 08:24

Morning all - not as much snow here as predicted...still plenty of time for things to change but think Wilmslow will still be on now. Will be dry sunday but a cold wind from the east.

22/03/2013 at 08:49

I am snowed in. Office shut - day at home.

22/03/2013 at 09:03
Morning everyone, just catching up after a few days off here. Looks like everyone is still going strong. I've managed to keep up with the training this week which I'm pleased with.

Woke up on Wednesday with a really bad back pain, a bit like it is going into spasm. It feels a bit better when I get up and start moving and ibuprofen seems to settle it, I'm just a bit worried about the long run at the weekend because I can't get into the physio till next week.

My magazine arrived yesterday, I couldn't find which start I was in though, does it say on the letter?
22/03/2013 at 09:27

Mark, it's on page 43. Hope the back is okay - maybe you could just skip the long run this week; it's not like you haven't already done loads of long runs.

Snow here is wet but manageable. Though I still reserve the right NOT to run 14 miles @ mp tomorrow if there is a massive headwind blowing horizontal snow into my FACE. Grr. Like on my recovery run this morning.

22/03/2013 at 09:32

My FGFA place is sorted so I don't have to share a toilet with you plebs but can live in luxury with NP and the likes (and look on jealously at Lit).

22/03/2013 at 09:38
Ok Lit thanks, it seems ill be on the blue start!?

How did you manage that 15W?
22/03/2013 at 09:43

Well....it's a long story but....last spring I got a sub 3.15 and as am over 40 that qualifies me for a GFA which I got. But then last autumn I went sub 3 which actually qualifies me for a FGFA place....so I upgraded, but upgrade didn't happen for some reason as number is not FGFA number, but now they have upgraded and will send a new number next week.

Not sure what to do today, maybe will run 8 or 9 miles easy is this lovely spring weather, and then just a 5 mile easy tomorrow before half on sunday.

22/03/2013 at 09:52
Cool, you've earned it anyway!

Your plan for the next few days is similar to my build for the half I did last month and I felt pretty good on the day.

Are you gonna race it flat out?
22/03/2013 at 10:03

I am going to race it - might not really push it. Planning on running at about 6.25 to 6.30 pace. Supposed to be really windy so that might be a factor.

22/03/2013 at 10:19

Morning - absolutely no snow here  but a howling gale. Due to all manner of work related disruption I had my rest day on Wednesday and did the 4 mile recovery last night.  Therefore I am going to do the 11 MLR tonight and abandon the plan to race at parkrun tomorrow.  I'll just do 9 miles with maybe a bit at marathon pace in the middle if I feel OK.

15W - well done on the upgrade.  I'm currently in blue but expect to get a green number next week. It's good there, hardly any queue for the loo. 

Surrey - I was in green last year and I can't say I really noticed any celebs once I got going, but then I'm quite a bit slower than you.

22/03/2013 at 10:50

There will be no outdoor activity here - am I the only one whos had a deluge?  Need to find a treadmill but dont fancy 18 with 14 @ mp in a garage - that would just see me off.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.