P + D training for VLM 2013

3,561 to 3,580 of 5,754 messages
22/03/2013 at 15:31

Al, I got a race confirmation letter emailed to me this week, and it was in that, I'll PM you a copy.

22/03/2013 at 15:36

Al, computer says no. won't allow me to attach word doc to message and fails to send if I try to paste it to a message.

I wonder if i can paste it here:

Self Transcendence 10k Race

Organised by Sri Chinmoy AC in conjunction with Run and Become, under UK Athletics Rules.

All courses UKA certified accurate. 

UKA Road Race License: 10K: 2013-105207

• ·         Date:              Saturday 23rd March 2013
  • ·         Start time:    8 am
  • ·         Course:          Loops within Battersea Park

Headquarters

• ·         Located at South Carriage Drive, Battersea Park, SW11 4NJ
  • ·         Map of Registration/HQ

Course Description

• ·         4 loops of Battersea Park, starting at South Carriage Drive, going round to and down Central Avenue, and back to South Carriage Drive
  • ·         Course Map

Competitors’ Notes

• ·         Race HQ operates from 7.15 am
  • ·         Start is a 8 minute walk from the HQ
  • ·         Race numbers to be collected from HQ before 7.50 am
  • ·         2 public toilets around the course
  • ·         Safe bag drop at HQ
  • ·         Shower facilities at Millenium Arena within the park, cost about £2.00.

Getting to the Start

• ·         Driving/Walking: Enter Battersea Park through the Rosary Gate (off Queen’s Circus and Prince of Wales Drive), take a left turn inside the park and walk to the HQ at the end of the car park.
  • ·         Closest rail stations:
    • Ø  Battersea Park – 5 minute walk - exit the station to the right, then take the first right, cross the roundabout and enter the park.
    • Ø  Queenstown Road – 6 minute walk - exit the station to the right, continue to the roundabout and enter the park.
  • ·         Closest tube station: Sloane Square which is a 30 minute walk to the race HQ.
  • ·         Buses: 137 and 452 run from Sloane Square (stop M) towards the park.  Alight at Sopwith Way on Queenstown Road and walk to the roundabout, then enter the park.

Parking

There is plenty of parking in the car park beside the race HQ. After 9am Parking tariffs apply so please make sure you Pay and Display

22/03/2013 at 15:36

looks like it crimped the end off the mail, here's the rest...

After Finishing

• ·         Our drinks station offers water and orange squash near the finish
  • ·         We will hold the Medal Ceremony at about 9.00 am at the race HQ
  • ·         Full race results will posted online within 24 hours

Prizes

• ·         Men U/50:                  1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th
  • ·         Women U/50:            1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th
  • ·         Men Vet 50:               1st, 2nd, 3rd
  • ·         Women Vet 50:         1st, 2nd, 3rd
  • ·         Men Vet 60:               1st, 2nd
  • ·         Women Vet 60:         1st, 2nd
  • ·         Men Vet 70:               1st
  • ·         Women Vet 70:         1st

Race Director

Shankara Smith

Run and Become, 42 Palmer Street

Victoria, SW1H 0PH

Tel: 0207 222 1314

Mob: 07734 298 024

races@runandbecome.com

http://uk.srichinmoyraces.org

22/03/2013 at 17:33

First case of serious CBA to run today, sod it, it pissing down and only a 5 mile recovery run scheduled, and the gym is close for refurb so cant use the treddy.

Only missed 3 sessions so far in the whole campaign when I was ill a couple weeks ago so dont care..

No race for me tomorrow as working tonight so I will have to do a fast session on my own..deep  joy yes I have had enough now, and cant wait to taper,

Edited: 22/03/2013 at 17:35
22/03/2013 at 17:46

NN - know what you mean. I'm ok with running, but sick of running in freezing winds.

22/03/2013 at 17:49

Pen jumping isnt as straight forward as you think. You are allocated a pen based on your time and they put a small number on your bib which denotes your pen. A number of bureaucratic process monkeys check before they allow you into the allocated pen. A number of people got the computer says no response and then had to rush back to the appropriate pen. What time did yo put on your form? Last year i put 3.14 and was in pen 2 which was less than 30 secs through the start.

NN - good one to miss.

22/03/2013 at 17:56

Oh yes ..jobs worth when it come to pen jumping, which to be honest is fair enough, the start is bad enough as it is without tripping over people who jump from a sub 5 hour pen to a sub 3 pen. You are allowed to go BACK a pen if you want to run with a friend.

As for my CBA I bet when I am tapering I will itching to do more lol..

22/03/2013 at 17:59

The weather is rubbish here too, snow and sideways wind, I am not going out either! I can go on the treadmill though in the morning if needs be. 

I am thinking that the Ironbridge Half may be cancelled, I was going to use it as part of a 17 LSR so wait and see what happens, I think they are looking at the course tomorrow but we are expecting heavy snow over night. Fed up with this weather now, (but wouldn't want to change it for too hot either).

I have heard of people being able to arrange a change of starting pen when picking up their number at the expo if they take evidence of a half time which would predict a faster finish than they originally put down. 

22/03/2013 at 18:01

Just re-read my post, wind is always sideways isn't it - duh! 

22/03/2013 at 18:06

Snow everywhere and quite deep, managed a 7 mile up the lanes, Salomons on and headed outm testing run but good to get out.

22/03/2013 at 18:08
pottermiss wrote (see)

Just re-read my post, wind is always sideways isn't it - duh! 

yes it is lol..

22/03/2013 at 20:26
NN - struggling myself this week. Did my 11 MLR tonight. It was tough going - or actually I was going at a pretty good pace and wasn't out of puff but legs didn't really want to play. By the end I has loosened up and it was ok. That wind was a killer tho'

JF 50 - currently I'm in blue but I think I'll be moving to green cos I'm going for a Guinness record.
22/03/2013 at 20:40

NN almost at taper, but one CBA allowed

Fiona intrigued, the record? 

22/03/2013 at 20:54

I SAID I WAS GOING TO BE A FUCKING PACER BUT WHAT DO YOU LOT CARE.  OH NO, YOU ARE ALL MORE ARSED ABOUT YOUR BLOODY PENS.  ** FLOUNCES ** 

22/03/2013 at 20:58

** comes back ** I did 5k recovery run.  Err, has anyone ran today?  FIONA!  You have! Well done.  Craig, you hard bastard! Well done.

22/03/2013 at 20:59

Hey, where are my congratulations for my recovery run in the sideways snow?

HeOw, did you get the bogs cleaned before the kids got home? Talk about a cliffhanger.

22/03/2013 at 21:00

HeOw - you going to be a pacer?

22/03/2013 at 21:02

Look, I expect EVERY SINGLE one of you to comment if I shit, never mind run. 

Literain - sideways snow you say?  Here, have a defunct Jim'll Fix It Badge. 

15 - yeah, I am.  Sub 2:45. You wanna join?

22/03/2013 at 21:08
HeOw wrote (see)

Look, I expect EVERY SINGLE one of you to comment if I shit, never mind run. 

you are probably thinking of facebook. x

22/03/2013 at 21:32
HeOw - maybe you should clarify if its a 2:45 half or marathon! (Need a smiley wink)

Lit - sideways snow you say? Are you not a gym member as I wouldn't do a recovery run in sideways snow. I just had the sideways wind.

JF 50 - I am attempting to be the fastest woman dressed as a doctor. I fully intend to do this as it requires me to do sub 4 hours. Thankfully the outfit is not too bad but I am praying that it is not torrential rain!
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.