P + D training for VLM 2013

4,821 to 4,840 of 5,754 messages
19/04/2013 at 09:52

Mark so sorry to hear your bad news.

Morning all, NN good to see you yesterday, hope you didn't spend too much.

You have to congratulate Adidas, their merchandising is just top class and it is easy to see why they sell so much.  Anyway I bought some Asics shoes at a show price and a few  pairs of socks also at show price, and am still regretting I didn't buy  something bright and tempting from the Adidas superstore, they get into your mind, or is it that just me!

4 miles this morning, slow but with a few strides.  A massive tree across the railway walk I use so had to take a diversion to get round it.

Porridge and toast for breakfast.  Have got a big xmas pud out of the cupboard, a good portion for pudding with a bit of custard gives you about 100g of carbs.

19/04/2013 at 10:23

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qv54oLWz5UE

Just a look, listen to the first 4 minutes of this pre-match talk before a Lions match and remember for Sunday

19/04/2013 at 10:26
JF50 - our Christmas pud hasn't lasted this long. I succumbed last year to a couple of things and no doubt will today as well. I really fancy a pair I'd Adidas tights that I saw so I hope they have them. I'm a huge fan of Adidas stuff I feel like a walking ad for them most if the time. I used to wear their shoes as well

Lit - I'm 5'7" and will be wearing a black and pink 3 in1 jacket and will have hubby in tow (probably bored looking)

I did post my new number yesterday so have a look cos I can't paste it using my phone. Currently on train to London enjoying a bacon Sarnie croissants and juice courtesy of east coast main line. Also as you can see using the free wi-fi!
19/04/2013 at 10:28
NN - forgot to say sorry to hear you'll not be there but probably for the best.

Mark - in some ways probably best that your OH isn't coming with you that way you won't feel so bad if you are enjoying yourself and the atmosphere.
19/04/2013 at 10:29

Mark - really sorry to see the news.

NN - that's a brave decision, and one which many would not have the courage to make.  The good news, of course, is that we get to train together again (virtually) next year .  Bet you can't wait!   In the meantime, I hope you get fit and ready for Abingdon.  I reckon you'll smash it there.

Mennania - what is your number?  I'm missing it from my stalkers list.  You haven't gone all shy, have you? 

JF50 - you've just reminded me.  I've earned some Christmas Pudding and cream!  Can't believe I forgot my traditional reward!

I've been reading parts of P&D's Road Racing book.  Some slight changes to pacing and heart rate ranges, partly due to targeting 10k, but it's all familiar territory so I'm going to use it as a basis for my summer training.  I can't wait to get cracking on speedier training, but I'm going to build up the P&D way in the 5th Mesocycle.

Looking forward to seeing how you all do on Sunday!

Edited: 19/04/2013 at 10:30
19/04/2013 at 10:54
Ten - what's that book called cos I think I might take a look at it as I'm planning a similar thing to you
19/04/2013 at 11:08

"Road Racing for Serious Runners"

I checked, though, and it is okay to have a sense of humour.  It doesn't affect the training.

19/04/2013 at 11:10

I prefer their follow up books, "Road Racing for Earnest Runners" and the follow up "Road Racing for Sombre Runners"

19/04/2013 at 11:14

You forgot "Road Racing for Comedians"!

19/04/2013 at 13:58

Just popping in wish everyone good luck for Sunday.

Let us hope we all get the time our training deserves.

Remember it is meant to be fun.

19/04/2013 at 14:35

Weather for sunday looking spot on.

19/04/2013 at 15:57
28067 ten.

On way to expo but will be 10 mins late so may miss the meet up.
19/04/2013 at 16:01

Mark just seen your post , sorry to hear the sad news.

Just in case I dont get chance to get on here again, good luck everyone,I am still goin up with my brother and friends, I will be watching at mile 14, then crossing the road and walking a bit to mile 24ish ....a much more civilised way to get over 10 miles...lol

19/04/2013 at 16:15

There's a tracking thingy for vlm:

http://results-2013.virginlondonmarathon.com/2013/

My number is 32957.

19/04/2013 at 17:00

Give us a shout NN, if I look as though I have dropped off the pace shout insults!!

Lunch, baked potato with beans, xmas pud and custard. Couldn't eat anymore!  Pasta and more xmas pud later, it's hard work.

Forgot to mention, at Expo get off the DLR at Excel and waiting to catch a train in the opposite direction was one of the local postmen, how did that timing happen.  As well as his training he walks 6 to 8 miles every day.

19/04/2013 at 18:42
JF 50,

Your postman isn't Steve Way by any chance?
19/04/2013 at 19:14
JF50 if it was Steve Way I saw him and wished him luck as he is aiming for sub 2:19 he looks in great shape. Well the fight over and train journey went well, expo and pasta at an Italian done, feet up now and chill need a sleep in tomorrow

NN ((((((hugs))))))) but look on it as a big base for the next one.
19/04/2013 at 20:00

Okay, been to the expo and met Fiona, so now believe she is a real person who actually exists. I get two race numbers, one for the front and one for the back, and a list of rules about clothing that they could have usefully told me earlier. Luckily I do not have large logos on any of my clothes anyway. They don't say you can't have your name on your vest, so hopefully won't get disqualified!

NN, watch out for me! You can yell HeOw's sweary words of encouragement if you like.

Currently eating pitta bread with hummus and sipping beetroot juice for the placebo effect. Then chicken and rice. My sister says she is never drinking again* so I won't be jealous.

*until maybe Sunday.

19/04/2013 at 20:57

SR no, he's about an hour slower I think, marathon not the post!

19/04/2013 at 21:45
Lovely to meet Lit this afternoon. Cakes consumed and no shopping bought.

Lit, you do realise that the lack of logos is because you might be caught on TV.

Pasta dinner consumed and now resting.
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.