P + D training for VLM 2013

1,701 to 1,720 of 5,754 messages
05/02/2013 at 21:26

Lit ,I have just had a look at my local gym timetable and there are several Pilate's and body conditioning classes all times of the day, I am going to make a real effort to get to some..I am already a member and the classes are included in the fee so its silly not to I guess, at the moment all I do there is a few weights a couple times a weeks..or use the treadmill ..so as well as running twice a day working full time looking after grandkids I shall now be doing gym classes... well at least I am fit enough to run around behind my grandkids ..

Edited: 05/02/2013 at 21:28
05/02/2013 at 21:28

Will do some NP stalking in a mo when my shit internet works better than it did in 1997. 

I am skulking in to the thread, head hanging in shame.  I have with me a note with the worst excuse ever why I couldn't be ARSED to do my recovery run...  

Dear Mr P&D, I had all intentions of slipping on my luscious and non stale sweat smelling running garb but I did a quick calculation in my scouse brain and I realised that the adverse effects of running in a 25mph wind would negate the point of a "recovery" run.  So I did the ironing instead.  Oh and ate a large piece of Moshi Monster Birthday cake.  So sorry but I don't really care enough to bend over whilst you hit with me the Second Edition of your oh so fantastic Advanced Marathoning but only for dedicated non fair weather runners book.  Yes, I do understand if I don't PB, you will remind me of this error.  Love HeOw.  

I have spent past 3 hours admonishing myself.  I truly need to get a f*cking life. 

15W - breastfeed 3 kids my dear, your nipples won't bleed ever again.  Mine could withstand a cheese grater vest.

05/02/2013 at 21:29
Night Nurse wrote (see)

Lit ,I have just had a look at my local gym timetable and there are several Pilate's and body conditioning classes all times of the day, I am going to make a real effort to get to some..I am already a member and the classes are included in the fee so its silly not to I guess, at the moment all I do there is a few weights a couple times a weeks..or use the treadmill ..so as well as running twice a day working full time looking after grandkids I shall now be doing gym classes... well at least I am fit enough to run around behind my grandkids ..

Pilates nearly killed me off.  The bloke teaching it told me in no uncertain terms that it weren't for me as I am too hyperactive.  Stick to your big ball NN, far less twatty. Mine is currently in the shed after being used as a huge football for the kids during the summer.  Must give it a wipe and do some half hearted ab work on it.  

05/02/2013 at 21:30

Heow I am not speaking to you ...you lard arse 

05/02/2013 at 21:37

Ouch, I think HeOw just called me a twat! I only do the kind with no twattish soothing music and where I'm allowed to take the piss out of all the visualisations.

05/02/2013 at 21:43

Did the two recovery runs as one 10 milers on the treadmill at recovery pace.  I communte to London so not practicle to run twice in a day during the week.

Very boring running slowly on the treadmill for 80 minutes.

05/02/2013 at 21:45
literatin wrote (see)

Ouch, I think HeOw just called me a twat! I only do the kind with no twattish soothing music and where I'm allowed to take the piss out of all the visualisations.

Lit I am sure she didnt mean it like that my Ex husband is a Scouser they say things like that as term of endearment at least that was HIS excuse..

Edited: 05/02/2013 at 21:46
05/02/2013 at 21:46

Well done SR..

05/02/2013 at 21:52
literatin wrote (see)

** backpedals furiously **  I actually didn't see your post, I hadn't read back that far (been ironing yer see).  Err do you do twatty pilates then...?!   It's awesome innit...? 

05/02/2013 at 21:55
Night Nurse wrote (see)
literatin wrote (see)

Lit I am sure she didnt mean it like that my Ex husband is a Scouser they say things like that as term of endearment at least that was HIS excuse..

There lies reason he is your EX then NN...?!

05/02/2013 at 22:00
HeOw wrote (see)

** backpedals furiously **  I actually didn't see your post, I hadn't read back that far (been ironing yer see).  Err do you do twatty pilates then...?!   It's awesome innit...? 

Haha... for proper twattery you want yoga. A friend of mine used to go to a class where they all had to imagine they had snakes in their vaginas.

05/02/2013 at 22:03

Ha yes. amongst other things.

Just trying to plan my life around my running, tomorrow its grandson sitting then running club 3.5 there 7 with them then 3.5 on my own

Thurs morning coffee and cake with mate  ( I do alot of that ) then 6 miles then thurs evening  meal out with sister 

Fri 20 miles then night shift

Sat sleep and 6 miles then night shift

sunday sleep then 11 miles then night shift

FFS Whose Idea was this ?

05/02/2013 at 22:07
literatin wrote (see)
HeOw wrote (see)

Haha... for proper twattery you want yoga. A friend of mine used to go to a class where they all had to imagine they had snakes in their vaginas.

Don't need yoga for that - surely?!

Night Nurse wrote (see)

Ha yes. amongst other things.

Just trying to plan my life around my running, tomorrow its grandson sitting then running club 3.5 there 7 with them then 3.5 on my own

Thurs morning coffee and cake with mate  ( I do alot of that ) then 6 miles then thurs evening  meal out with sister 

Fri 20 miles then night shift

Sat sleep and 6 miles then night shift

sunday sleep then 11 miles then night shift

FFS Whose Idea was this ?

NN - bloody hell mate, I was panicking about an 11 miler tomorrow, 4 mile recovery Thursday, 20 miler Friday, rest Sat and then 7 miles with strides Sunday.  You have drawn the short straw. 

Edited: 05/02/2013 at 22:07
05/02/2013 at 22:07

Thank NN, running on a treadmill is never fun but at least it stops me running too fast.

HeOw I slipped a few miles during the snow and felt guilty.  I feel guilty about taking the rest days.  Until I started my current contract two weeks ago I was doing a gym session on the rest days.  And bleeding nipples from running aren't too bad.  Doing 21 miles in compression tights without vasaline is just a world of embarrising pain.

Edited: 05/02/2013 at 22:08
05/02/2013 at 22:16

SR I took to the dreader today for my second recovery run I am sick or running in freezing gales..it wasn't too bad actually plenty going on to watch all sorts of people there and its easy to people watch (be nosey) if you are running slowly..

Heow its probably not as bad as it looks really its just me and my 19 year old at home and hes not here much so I can do what I want when I want..you have a hubby 3 kids dogs and piles of ironing..

05/02/2013 at 22:22

Heow - my wife says she knows what you mean about the nipples. Probably one of the only times when I'll admit us men have it easy!

Its funny how the training starts to take over your life isn't it?! Thinking of how to rejig other things to get the training in. I used to have a life before P and D Training. I am going to have some serious making up to do after London!

After some rejigging of my own I managed to get a very bland and perfunctory 14 miles in tonight at 7.15 Average pace overall. Windy, horrible and had a headache. Swapped the recovery to tomorrow and am looking forward to some easy miles.

Great Video NP - hopefully you'll be looking just as strong at London.

05/02/2013 at 22:33

14 miles for me tonight also Chris @ 7.32 pace. Wonder if your headache is lack of hydration, I had similar on Sat. 

Great vid NP, have you still got snow?

Strong run on the treadmill  SR.

05/02/2013 at 22:45

I think my headache is more to do with the fact that I came home to find my toddler had drawn in biro all over our bedroom wall. The fail safe Ciff didn't budge it. So I need to work out a time to repaint the wall in amongst the training! Ha.

Good to get the 14 out of the way though hey? Just the dreaded 6 mile tempo to see off now!  

06/02/2013 at 09:05

Morning all...hope all ok out there.

14mi today. Looks like it will be cold, dry and sunny. Might wear plasters on my nips or cover with vaseline before setting out this time. Usually I only have problems when wet and windy.

Might actually go into work today, been "working" from home the last few days. We're in between projects at the moment so not a lot going on which is great with all this running.

06/02/2013 at 11:49

Morning from a sardine in tomato sauce on Soya and Linseed **twatty**  bread eating Cheshire housewife.  11.6 miles in da bag.  Nice and easy 9:30m/m but first 7 miles of long steady hill.  Felt good. Pondered how I will feel Friday having to ramp up to MRP miles for another 9.  The jury is out.  I have forced myself to refuel after it as I believe this is one of my failings.  Hence the sardines on poncey toast.  Chai tea too.  Kenyans drink that too, well so it says in the Running with the Kenyans book.  Hark at me, I have two things in common with kenyan athletes.  Chai tea and err, my ability to juggle looking after my brood of barefeet children, mud hut house and running lifestyle.

15W - corn plasters are a good fit for nipple preservation.  Have fun on your 14 miles.

1,701 to 1,720 of 5,754 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.