P&D Autumn Marathon Training Thread

261 to 280 of 2,576 messages
10/05/2013 at 21:31

d'oh... oh well i'll see when the book arrives

10/05/2013 at 23:42

I was considering a DNS at the sheffield half on sunday because of a niggly hamstring but after entering all the details into page 4 of mann's spreadsheet, transferring the code into sheet 2 and seeing it autofill I think I'm going to have to run it. so a slow training run it is

11/05/2013 at 17:41

I feel so old fashioned...I've got a big plain paper notebook that I've drawn grids onto (using a pencil and ruler) that I fill in with my training. 

12/05/2013 at 06:46

Still coughing and spluttering but about to head off into Chester and have a dable at the half. Its paid for anyhow- if it turns into a training run so be it

12/05/2013 at 10:03

Ooh be careful Mennania! Although I must admit I'd probably do the same if I'd paid for it.  I'm sure you're wise enough to listen to your body. Hope you have a good run.

I did a trail race on Friday night and then set off with some clubmates to do a recce of a relay leg of the Calderdale Way on Saturday morning at 7am. Legs felt surprisingly fresh but last night I was knackered.  Were were out for 4 hours as we kept getting lost......so glad we were wise enough to do a proper recce first!  Needless to say, today is a rest day!  

12/05/2013 at 10:17

I remember many years ago (probably 23/24) doing several sections of it at night with Scouts as was our local area - a few groups got badly lost - fun though

12/05/2013 at 10:20

Good luck with that Men...actually, you are probably out there now...so...hope all went well Men...and anybody else out there racing.

I am still just plodding around, ran about 11mi this morning. Legs feeling almost recovered now, takes me a long time to recover from a race. No way I would be capable of running a half this close to London.

I have almost decided on what I'm doing re.which schedule. Think I'm going to follow the 70-85 plan, but skip the monday recovery runs so I'llhave at least one day off a week...will also move things round on some of the friday/saturdays to fit some park runs in there. That's the plan for now anyway, I did come up with my own plan where I had more LT runs earlier in the schedule, but after reading some of the more experienced people on the sub 3 thread sounds like putting in the mileage earlier in the schedule to improve endurance more important than any speed work...that comes later. So, going to stick with P&D.

12/05/2013 at 12:30

Ran my half this morning in Chester, have to admit utter sufferfest after 7 miles, had a cold all week and my legs had nothing to give, crossed the line in 83:49, a very unenjoyable run.

12/05/2013 at 14:16

15W, I am starting to see what you mean about recovery from a marathon - did a 10k today and barely managed an average pace quicker than my half-marathon pace. For me it seems that the legs are fine but my chest hasn't caught up yet, today and at the 5-mile race on Wednesday my breathing sounded like I was just about to keel over.

(Still won, though. Just saying.  There's no smug emoticon)

Craig, 'sufferfest' is a brilliant word & well done for the half.

Edited: 12/05/2013 at 14:17
12/05/2013 at 20:54

Nice weather for my half this am - 1.22.29. Cold affected my aerobic ability (a bit) but nowt else thankfully.

Craig - we must have been running in the same area for a bit as I have stalked your splits. I was all in black.

12/05/2013 at 21:02

I did the same Menn on your splits, I had an awful time out there today, just didn't seem to get going proper, by mile 7 my legs had gone, pace dropped off, lucky to finish in 1:23:47, great run by yourself.

12/05/2013 at 21:12

Cheers Craig - My cold has just dried up to  a sore throat in 48hrs so was manageable. What did you run in? Trying to pick you out from my memory.

13/05/2013 at 05:17

Green & white vest and a white cap.

acp
13/05/2013 at 10:02

48 miles run last week if you include a slow jog round the local parkrun with a pushchair! Which was actually a very good way of cooling down after running 18 miles an hour and a half earlier! Forget the cold baths, jog a parkrun instead!  My legs felt better than they usually feel after a long run and the recovery run the next day felt less like a 'recovery' run than it normally does!

13/05/2013 at 11:08

Literatin - smugness allowed  (also a little pleased that you were huffing and puffing as that means you are a mere mortal after all)

Craig and Mennania, nice running considering you were both under par - times I can only dream of I might add!!

acp - what are you currently training for or is that your usual weekly mileage?

acp
13/05/2013 at 11:48

Lisa123 - training for Chester in October. I've started the plan early and my long run was already upto 16 miles. 48 miles is the highest weekly mileage I've ever done!

13/05/2013 at 11:54

acp - I am running Chester as well  my first full marathon. Have few races between now and then though.

13/05/2013 at 12:12

I think its time that someone starts a list again, date order please, with target times. I would, but at this stage I have not entered any!

13/05/2013 at 12:17

acp - you following the 35-50 plan? With your current weekly mileage you could carry on as you were then start the 50-70 plan...?!? Just a thought.

Men/Craig - well done on your halfs....very respectable times so soon after a full marathon.

Lisa - hello, I'm running Chester too (sorry if already chatted to you about all this, can't keep up with all the new faces!). What races you planning on between now and Chester?

13/05/2013 at 12:29

15W you will be just dust on my horizon in Chester .

Races I have planned are London Bupa 10k in 2 weeks, Bewl 15 in July and probably Heathfield HM in August, and a few Parkruns (though not strictly races) along the way. Chester though is my A race. 

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.