P&D Autumn Marathon Training Thread

881 to 900 of 2,577 messages
acp
19/06/2013 at 13:21

If I run at my current MP I will achieve at least a 20 minute marathon PB so it's staying as it is for now! That's not to say that I won't tweak it nearer the time depending on how training has gone.

19/06/2013 at 14:57

Sub lt done and dusted. 7.16 pace (a little slower) but chuffed with that as it was very warm. Total 12M in 90.15

19/06/2013 at 16:06

wow, totally brilliant running here Tiny, Lisa, carter, acp, 15w, Brian .... hope I haven't forgotten anbody.

there's a lot of dedication on this thread

Hats off to those who went out after a long, hard day at work. That's why I run before work - I haven't got the willpower to kick the CNBA fairy off my shoulder when she plonks herself down on my way home from work

I've not done many progressive runs in previous campaigns. Probably because I run to HR and like to keep it in a certain range. I did some of the MLRs with up to 10 miles of MP in them though.

19/06/2013 at 16:16

Some incredible running out there - hats off all, there'll be PB's all over the place come the autumn marathons.

I'm about 2 weeks behind and ran on day 1 when it was supposed to be rest/cross train. biked on day 2 when I was supposed to be doing 8 with 4 @LT. tonight was rest/cross train, but I'll be doing yesterdays run instead.  

Really not the best start

BTW - I'm DeniseM as well - Whether I log in at home or work dictates who I'm going to be! 

19/06/2013 at 16:16

Brian are you Leeds based? 

19/06/2013 at 16:21

Ladyfunrun, yup. I work in leeds. Meet up on the canal at lunchtime.

Live in Bradford

19/06/2013 at 16:34

Tiny good luck with the yoga - I have been going regularly to both pilates and yoga (3 x per week) for well over a year and I still can't touch my toes - some days I can only reach my knee's  - have a fabulously toned abdomen though!

Will be going out shortly for my 4 miler - despite running slowly I know that I will resemble a boiled lobster when I am done.

19/06/2013 at 16:37

Brian - We may have passed! I used to run the towpath on a wednesday lunchtime and I did a few of my long runs there too! 

19/06/2013 at 19:32

Lady, where are you now?

19/06/2013 at 20:55

Still in Leeds for both home and work. I used the past tense as I haven't been o to the towpath for a while. 

First proper P&D run this evening. Found the 4m at HM pace VERY difficult, my times will be really inconsistent. I'll upstand tomorrow and see just how it was ......

19/06/2013 at 21:04

Hi all.  Good to see everyone progressing well and enjoying their runnng. Not shown my face for a while (not that i post often).  Have been sulking and having physio for what i thought was just a swollen knee but turns out to be an inflamed medial ligament  Physio reckons he'll have me running again in a little more than 2 weeks, i'm not so sure.  Am quite down and fearing the worst for Chester. 

Should have got medical advice as soon as the knee swelling got worse but iced it, ran and ended up making things worse with a slight calf strain through overcompensating. 

Lesson learned methinks.  DAMN!!

20/06/2013 at 08:19

Oh no fids, really hope your knee isn't as bad as feared.  Do as the physio says.  In the grand scheme of things, two weeks out really isn't that much.  Plenty of time before Chester yet, try not to get too disheartened.

ladyfunrun/denise - don't worry, I think we all found that first session pretty tough.  Quite hardcore to be including 4m at HM pace really as session number one!

Lisa - Ooh good to hear.  I'd much rather have a strong abdomen than be able to touch my toes!

Did my recovery 4 miles and then went to my first ever yoga class last night.  I was expecting a room full of young girls who are all 6ft tall, slender and wrapping their legs around the back of their heads.....couldn't be further from the truth! Lots of lovely ladies of all ages, shapes and sizes.  Some very flexible, but quite a lot like me - as flexible as a rock!  The teacher was really good with me and took her time to show each of the poses and made sure I was doing them right.  She kept her eye on me and corrected my form when necessary, but didn't make me feel self-conscious or singled out in any way. It was great, definitely going back.

Felt like a really tough workout but without too much sweat!  Went home and had the best night's sleep I've had for ages

20/06/2013 at 08:21

lady, if you fancy a jaunt on the towpath at lunchtime, give me a shout. There's a few of us meet on Whitehall road at 12.20. Always somebody willing to run your pace/session. 4M tempo is a tough session at the best of times, especially when it's early in the campaign

fids, good luck with the rehab. You have enough time to do a good build-up for Chester. Be positive.

Opened my fathers day pressie last night. Had a couple of Jack Daniels with honey, with lots of ice and coke. Lovely!

Edited: 20/06/2013 at 08:22
20/06/2013 at 08:37

Tiny, cross-post.

Good that you enjoyed the yoga. Result on the z's too! Hopefully it will have a really positive effect on your training. 

acp
20/06/2013 at 09:50

Fids - good luck with the knee. Must be very frustrating but you still have plenty of time to get ready for Chester.

Tiny - glad the yoga went well. I really should do something similar to help prevent injury.

Chickadee - that's one of the reasons I run before work too. There's no way I would be able to find the motivation to go out in the evening.

Slow 8 miles on a 'hilly' route for me today. No running now until Sunday (except parkrun with the kids). I'm seriously beginning to question the wisdom of running 7 miles at MP yesterday when I'm running a half this weekend which I was going to make upto 18 miles with 13.1 miles at MP. 

20/06/2013 at 10:09

Acp, depends on what your focus is at the end of the day. Do you want to eek out every second possible from your hm time, or is it just a stepping stone to some other target? 

My guess is the latter, and therefore the mp training run combined with the hm race will be 2 excellent sessions in your plan.

20/06/2013 at 10:13

jeepers, acp! Glutton for punishment methinks

nice father's day present, Brian

Had to cancel my morning run as last night's thunderstorm was still going on. I never go out in thunder and lighting. Too dangerous. A few weeks ago a few people were killed when they were hit by a bolt of lightning whilst doing a BBQ by the lake

Not sure I will manage a run tonight - last night it was 32.5 degrees when I got home. That's a leeeetle to much for my liking. An airconditioned gym would have been nice

acp
20/06/2013 at 10:57

Brian - I was never planning on racing this half so it's definitely the latter for me! I'm looking forward to doing a long run with different scenery and with other people around to take my mind off the pain!

Blimey Chick, that's hot! It's back to raining over here after a couple of muggy days.

20/06/2013 at 11:01

Morning.

fids - good luck with that knee...still plenty of time till Chester, but go with what the physio and maybe you'll have to defer...there will always be more.

acp - not sure what you have in your plan....but maybe just keep the runs relatively short and easy till race day.

12mi for me today. Bit damp and humid here today.

20/06/2013 at 11:20

acp, yep so much easier to achieve the pace under race conditions. And easier to get in a long run too. Which half you running?

15W, good mid-week miles in the bank.

Chick, that's cooking! Don't blame you tbh. Awful news on the bbq'ers

60mins under 70% at lunch for me - feeling yesterday's effort this morning. 

Edited: 20/06/2013 at 11:27
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.