P&D Autumn Marathon Training Thread

901 to 920 of 2,576 messages
acp
20/06/2013 at 12:22

It's the Shrewsbury Half. 2 laps of the town with a few hills included. There's a marathon as well which is 4 laps. I just hope the half marathon finish is well signposted so I don't end up doing the full marathon!

20/06/2013 at 18:27

Hello all.

Completed my 12mi in 1hr30 at lunchtime....loads of flies out today, when I got back there was quite a collection splattered on my forehead.

20/06/2013 at 18:53

Fids, fingers crossed your physio will sort you out, but 2 weeks out isn't too bad.

acp steady on there, you are training and racing pretty full on at the moment!

For those that train by HR can you have a look at my stats to see if it looks about right. So 8 miles for me today with 4 at LT pace

mile 1. 9.30 min/mile average HR 138

mile 2 9.30 HR 140

8.00min/mile HR 157

7.53m/m HR 166

7.56m/m HR 168

7.53m/m HR 170

9.22m/m HR 160

9.38m/m HR 155

I think my max HR is somewhere between 190-200 at this point in races I usually undo it as it feels too restrictive as I am working so hard. Any comments gratefully received from those in the know.

20/06/2013 at 20:55

Looks good to me Lisa but must admit I don't really know much about HR training.

Good run there 15W. Apart from the flies of course.

Just got back from an impromptu 14 miles! Racing on sunday (only 7 miles) so can't do LSR then, got a wedding all day Saturday and have plans for tomorrow night.  So when I got home I just decided to see if I could get the long run out of the way tonight.  Wasn't sure if I'd be able to manage it; last ate 5 hours previously and legs were a bit sore from my first attempt at yoga.  But I got it done .  I won't lie, those last couple of miles hurt like a mother f*cker but I kept running.  Averaged 10:10 minute miles, so much slower than most of you speedy guys but that's a good pace for me for that distance.  Got a plate full of chicken sandwiches here and feeling a teensy bit smug I've got the long run out of the way.  Hope I'm not too sore tomorrow!

20/06/2013 at 21:20

acp, 2 lapper will be  difficult mentally, especially if you can see the finish from the course at the end if the first lap. Good luck nailing the target pace.

15W, cracking bit of fly swatting.

Tiny, great stuff on getting the lsr out of the way. Good discipline and focus to stay out there when the legs were sore. Typical marathoners mindset.

Lisa, your lt should be about 90% of your max.

Lunchtime run was 68mins at hr average of 116 (64%).

21/06/2013 at 09:01

I entered my first ever fell race last night. It was lashing it down, the course was really muddy, the trail shoes I bought were not suitable for fell racing, I've never descended at that sort of pace on that sort of terrain before so wasnt particularly confident, it had one or two difficult climbs and there was plenty of walking. My legs were mashed at the end of it but they arent too bad this morning.  I will definitely be going back for more. I'm due a 5m recovery run today but I think I will give it a miss so I am feeling ok for my LSR tomorrow

21/06/2013 at 09:05

Here is my race from last night - http://app.strava.com/activities/61748955

21/06/2013 at 09:10

Nice racing there carter! Elevation profile looks hardcore .  I love fell racing yet it still scares me to death! I normally end up screaming and whooping on the descents and am always frightened of going over on my ankle on the uneven terrain......yet I always go back for more.  Can't do without my trusty inov8 mudclaws though in wet conditions. 

acp
21/06/2013 at 09:11

Rather you than me Carterusm! I like a bit of cross country but that just looks too tough for me!

Hope the legs recover enough for your LSR tomorrow.

21/06/2013 at 09:40

Morning all - well done Carter on what looks like a pretty tough race. Never tried a fell run myself - like to give it a go sometime.

6mi recovery run for me today.

Might be switching some of my long runs round to accomodate life outside running (need to get rid of this life outside running business).

21/06/2013 at 09:56

Carter, good strength stuff on the  fells. Well done getting down and dirty. Dont mind training on the xc but racing on there is not my cup of tea. 

Rest day for me today. Have a funeral to attend. Have a good weekend everybody. 

21/06/2013 at 10:21

Hello everyone,

Thought id join in, I was one of the contributors to the original P&D thread this year and thought the plan was great.

Im training for Chester in October and this is my first week of proper marathon training since London in April.

Im building up to starting the 12 week 55-70 plan next month, i'll hopefully cover about 45 miles this week and then start building up the mileage.

Sounds like most of you are going well already.

acp
21/06/2013 at 11:11

Hello Mark! I recognise your name from the old thread - I was a regular lurker and very occasional poster!

21/06/2013 at 13:45

Hello Mark - How goes it? Quite a few people are following the 12 week schedule it seems....bloody lightweights.

Just back from my 6mi recovery run - took it very easy.

21/06/2013 at 13:52

I ended up doing a 5 mile recovery run too. It was very muggy out there today and sweated like the preverbial.....

21/06/2013 at 14:04

Hello acp, yeah I recognise you from the original thread

and hello 15w, yeah I'm ok just trying to get back into the running again, I don't feel like I'm as fit as I was in the build to London but hopefully it'll come back pretty quickly. 

Im starting to remember that marathon training in the middle of summer is not easy too!

21/06/2013 at 14:13

15W - bloody lightweights... 6mi very easy... hmm.

Hello Mark! I am not even doing a marathon but am still lurking here because it's nice. Have to say doing shorter speedier stuff makes some of the lengthy LT sessions on here look proper hardcore. Rather you lot than me.

21/06/2013 at 15:40

Hi Lit! 

I reckon you must be secretly planning a marathon if you're lurking on here  

21/06/2013 at 19:16

No, I was tempted at first, but am definitely being sensible now and waiting till next spring. Will be useful to see how everyone gets on though, and I like it here because there's no swearing on the other threads. Meanwhile I am focusing on 10ks, which I'm rubbish at.

acp
21/06/2013 at 20:49

Lit - define your idea of 'rubbish' please.......!!!

Edited: 21/06/2013 at 20:49
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.