PB for me

6 messages
27/09/2002 at 09:04
Last night I did my local short (3m) training run in a personal best of 25m.

Preparation?
First run for a week,
spent all last weekend troughing myself stupid,
couple of late nights,
birthday on Wednesday involving cakes alcohol & huge Chinese meal

Setting?
Got darker faster than I expected & running on unlit roads.

Reward?
1 bottle of red wine & fell asleep watching the final episoade of the XFiles so missed the end!

Sorry to be so self-indulgent, but I guess you understand.
27/09/2002 at 09:10
Congrats Nick. It's great to hear from someone with a healthy approach to running (and no, I'm not being ironic). I usually go for something similar but with higher mileage to increase the acceptable red wine consumption.
27/09/2002 at 09:10
Funny that, isn't it? I ran my first race (my only one so far!) - 5K - on a Sunday, following a Saturday consisting of a Burger King cheeseburger meal for lunch followed by a Sainsbury's takeaway curry meal in the evening, accompanied by beer (OK, I went easy on the beer).

Ran the race (very muddy and narrow in some places, necessitating dramatic reduction of pace, and culminating in a large hill going UP) in 26 minutes, after about two months of very on-off training.

Gave me the buzz, though, to start a proper training schedule: can now run my training route (hilly 3.6 miles) in 28 minutes, and hoping to keep bringing it down.

Nothing wrong with occasional junk food binges in my opinion!!
27/09/2002 at 09:44
Well done Nick. Always good to get a PB, even if it's not "official".

If it's any consolation, it was the worst episode of X-files I've ever watched, so you didn't miss much.
27/09/2002 at 11:24
Disagree with the x-files comment.
It ends 9 years of speculation for Mulder and opens his eyes to Scullys belief in something more powerful than aliens (ie God/afterlife -otherwise why all the ghosts helping him)
Good news if you missed it is that its repeated on Monday (I think) but check your sky guide.
27/09/2002 at 15:41
I fully support this self-abuse diet malarkey and to the guy to whom I commented during the last 3rd of Sunday's Half Mara - "I'm beginning to realise that Pizza, Chips and Beer do not a successful Half Marathon runner make" - I LIED AND GOT A PB !!!!!

Go Heineken !!!!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
6 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.