Pilates

4 messages
02/01/2003 at 17:28
recently read that Pilates was good for running as it improves breathing and stretching technique - is this true or just another fad? Has anyone had any good or bad experiences? Has Pilates contributed to improved performance?
02/01/2003 at 19:23
Pilates is excellent for improving core stability as well as lengthening and stretching the muscles. Running put's so much impact onto our bodies and if we do not stretch properly our muscles often become tight and shortened. Pilates works on the core muscles and the small muscles in our bodies that support our frame. I would definitly recommend it.
03/01/2003 at 16:34
I agree with Claire but would suggest that it must be done properly so seek a class or tutor rather than trying to learn by books or video. I've been doing this since October, feel stronger for it and have set PBs at 5 mile up to half marathon since.
cougie    pirate
03/01/2003 at 16:42
Takes a while to get the benefit I believe Guestie - a few weeks before you notice the benefit - so stick at it.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
4 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.