Places to run in Geordie land

4 messages
18/02/2005 at 11:36
I'm attending a 'work related' course in Newcastle next week and so that i don't interupt my running/training schedule, are wanting to know if anybody out there knows of any gyms, parks, etc in the Newcastle (Newburn/Metro centre???)area :-)
MB.
18/02/2005 at 11:52
Derwent Walk Country Park isn't far from the Metro Centre. Just off the A694.

www.gateshead.gov.uk/leisserv/derwent.htm
21/02/2005 at 00:08
if you can find Newburn Leisure centre theres a 6.5 mile off road loop you can do.Run along a track from centre for 3 miles to Wylam, cross the river at bridge and come back alongside other side of river through the grounds of two golf courses and then back to Leisure centre over Newburn bridge.Its an annual race route held in June and is a good training run, route should be well signposted and as long as the rivers always on your left you cant get lost!!!!
As mentioned the Derwent walk is pretty good, there are a few car parks (big one at Blaydon Rugby Club in Swallwell) on the route and you can just park up and do an out and back run.
01/03/2005 at 10:38
Just got back from my travels, so thanks for all the info. I was actually in Newburn during the day and managed to do a 'reccie' of the route you suggested B.Mc. i'll be up there again soon so defo be taking advantage.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
4 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.