post marathon training

1 message
02/06/2011 at 11:51

Hi Everyone,

Just joined the site a few days ago so hello from me.

I was wondering if anyone had any advice for me. I just completed my second marathon 2 weeks ago and managed to knock half hour off laast years time so was very pleased with myself.My marathon PB is now 4.36.05.

My next race is going to be a half marathon but all the training plans I have seen seem to start you off with very small mileage on the long run days and I feel that I would rather keep my long runs at between 12-16 miles as I have already got the endurance to do this and don't want to lose this. Is this the correct thing to do??? I am also going to keep up with the speed/interval training also.

Would dearly love to smash my half marathon time that I did in Prague in April-2.06. I am sure I can do this as was not pushing myself to the limits that day due to the course been very busy and the cobbled streets.

My other Personal bests are 5k-23.47  10k-51.12

Any advice would be gratefully received from all you seasoned runners out there.

Cheers

Franny

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
1 message
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.