PTH Famous Five

21 to 40 of 1,487 messages
28/10/2010 at 14:47

FL - I hate the week before a marathon, my anger control is proportionally opposite to the reduced mileage.  Then every time I sneeze, cough, or feel a tickle in your throat I think I'm going down with a cold. The legs feel heavy, I could go on.................but you know what I mean! 

I'm looking forward to it, just want to get it done now! 

5 days without running! You'll have a gut like Homer Simpson if you're not careful!! Hope it gets better soon. I've already pencilled in my cold next week, that's if I haven't got one already - see there I go again, can't help myself.

Off to carbo load again now.......

28/10/2010 at 16:39

Hi Wardi, Hows things with you mate? Yes will be at the red start for London 2011. Will you? And you don't have to be Welsh to be here,

FF, phantom colds are a nightmare! but this one I have is the real thing!!!! still feel like shit and not able to run!!! you know me, I will run with my leg hanging off so this has really messed me up. Are you driving up tomorrow? Good luck with the race you will have a great one if your recent races and training runs are any thing to go by. Go for gold mate.

28/10/2010 at 18:40

Just got the final training run in, and had my go faster hair cut - so I'm good to go now.

I'm driving up tomorrow.

I think the Gold will be going to Mr Richie Gardener......!

If I can get around in sub 3 that'll be the first goal, every minute under that will be a bonus, on the other hand I might crash and burn! I'm full of self doubt at the moment....

I'll send you a text Saturday to let you know how i did.

Looking forward to getting some10k training in with you guys after all this is over.

28/10/2010 at 18:49

I was full of self doubt but you lads had faith in me and give me the confidence I needed to smash my old PB. In all the training runs you push me to my limits but still look as if your not trying!!! you will fly under 3 and I will be very surprised if your not up there with the top vets. All the hard work is done mate. Now go kick ass.

Looking forward to the 10k training myself. Well just looking forward to running at the moment.

Good luck mate.

30/10/2010 at 07:20

Got my first run in last night after being off all week with this cold!!!!! Did Tonys loop and felt good. Did 48:45. Chest was a bit tight at the end but not as bad as it has been.

30/10/2010 at 20:33
FF, well done on a cracking time in Snowdon. Top stuff
30/10/2010 at 20:33
bryn reporting 4 duty!!
30/10/2010 at 20:36
Welcome aboard mate, you took your time
30/10/2010 at 22:18

Brynster.........? Do I know you?

Just starting bottle number 2. Hic.

30/10/2010 at 22:38
Enjoy mate, you've earned it.
30/10/2010 at 22:39
FF, fantastic result today!!
31/10/2010 at 17:44
FF, hows them legs today mate?
31/10/2010 at 18:12

FL - Legs, arms, stomach are all aching nicely thanks! The head hurt a bit as well, but I think that was the wine.

I'm having a day off today.......I mentioned to the missus I might go for a run, but she didn't seem keen.

Just read on the Swansea link that the guy who came second in Snowdon was up at 7a.m. this morning and going for a run........!

I'll be back training tomorrow...

Looking forward to the S4C coverage tonight. If my ugly mug is shown, I hope I wasn't grimacing too much. To be honest I'm grateful they had a camera on Waunfawr because I was about to walk but spotted the camera in the distance and didn't want to be seen walking up the hill.

01/11/2010 at 06:58

Good to hear your in pain mate, shows you put your all into it. Didn't watch the coverage last night as I went to see Burke and hare. Will watch it later.

Think I'm finally on the mend from this cold! So looking to get me head down and into this 10k training plan.

Hope your feeling better today, rest up this week as we need you for the West Glams on Sunday.

01/11/2010 at 09:30

Everything still aching like hell this morning.....

Glad to hear your cold is getting better, sounds like it was a nasty one. I've been taking vitamin C very day for the last couple of weeks, not sure if it makes a difference?!

I'll go for a short run this evening to get the legs moving again.

West Glams - urgh.......can't think about that at the moment.

10k training plan - looking forward to it.

02/11/2010 at 20:16

Well I did the first speedwork session of the 10k plan tonight. 5 x 2k's tried to hold them to 6:50 but failed miserably!!! did 6:50, 6:56, 7:16, 7:30, 7:19. did the first one and a half with FM then the other 3 on my own. Not too worried at the moment as I have just got over this cold, just hope I can get them together in the next few weeks.

FF, how did your run go today?

02/11/2010 at 20:46

Aye, it was ok - only did 7 miles, between 6:20 and 7:00 mile pace apart from one where I swallowed a fly and spent a while coughing and running. I hate doing that, still I guess it's worse for the fly.

Intervals on your own are difficult - it's too easy to fall back off the pace.

Legs are still quite tight, but getting better - I'm still getting the stretching done a few times a day which have helped with the recovery.

Do you know what the plan is for Aber - I assume it's still on? Are we car sharing? I know another good runner that might like to come up with us. Maybe we can convert him to PTH as well!

02/11/2010 at 20:53
Do you ever run easy? As for Aber its still on and NST said some thing about having a night up there after the race? would you be up for that? And yes it is definitely still on. Whos the other runner?
02/11/2010 at 21:05

Owain Jones - Swansea harrier, did 3:02 in Snowdon. Nice guy.

Yes, I ran very easy last night - was worried someone might ask me if I needed help crossing the road, my legs were that stiff!

A night up there? Isn't it a Sunday night? Are you saying to stay in a hotel?

02/11/2010 at 21:25

Yes stay some where in Aber on Sunday night. We have stayed in a tidy place by the cinema a few times and its about £17 only for the bed no food but clean and tidy, does the job. But not set in stone that we will stay the night. If not I will be taking my car and you will be welcome to get in with me.

Not sure if I know Owain.

21 to 40 of 1,487 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.