Question for Barnsleyrunner

21 to 22 of 22 messages
16/11/2005 at 19:59
Hi Guys and thanks BR for answering my questions and to the others for their imput.Everything that you say BR does make sense especially "You do start at goal pace but slow later in the race as you started accumulating lactic acid too early".I think thats what happend in my last race.

What I think I will do from now on is at least a mile warm up and 4/5 strides of 100m each increasing in pace. I will also increase my long runs to a minimum of 12/13 miles.Recently I changed my running route and it now has a few more inclines
whereas it was pretty flat before. I have also found a hill and will start doing some reps on it some.I think I need to start doing fartlek training too.

Thanks everbody for their advice I have found it very useful.

Stylish
16/11/2005 at 20:17
I was that clubmate that went ballistic! The race is a 2lap 5.8M race (rounded up to 6M) with several really hard hills and we did a whole lap before the event! Needless to say I was livid as we trotted around and got back with about 3mins to spare before the start!

I calmed down eventually and knocked about 2mins off my previous best for the course........

BR still reminds me of this, and I agree now, so I guess I will do the same this year!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 22 of 22 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.