Recovery nutrition

3 messages
10/07/2011 at 11:56
As my mileage is now clocking up I suspect I should take more notice of recovery nutrition. After my long run should I be drinking something like a powerade or lucozade drink even if I am necking a bottle (and some energy gels) during the run? And should I consider recovery drinks / food for shorter runs. I am generally doing a couple of 10ks aswell as my long run each week.

As it is I am running in the morning and generally having my lunch shortly after my run.
10/07/2011 at 13:09

Hi Robot, honestly it depends on how you feel. I know several runners that use a protein recovery shake to help their muscles recover. I've heard SiS recovery formula is meant to be quite good.

I wouldnt take recovery formula for anything under 10 miles (i'm a half marathoner so my average runs dont warrant the recovery drink). If i'm doing a lot of cross training and especially on the same day I would consider taking something on board,

10/07/2011 at 13:23
sounds pretty sensible - thanks

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
3 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.