Recovery

7 messages
21/03/2006 at 13:17
Hi all, what is a good guide to recovery? Just did the Silverstone Half, and boy does my legs ache. It's not pain" - it feels like when in my youth I use to do weights or sports after a long dormant period, then waking up to aching muscles.

Wasn't really expecting them to ache that much, plus I did a proper build up etc (warm down and recovery foods etc).

Question is, should i wait until ALL aches are gone - before resuming training? Don’t want to pick up an injuring at this stage!

I'm on track for the FLM - running since May 2005. Doing average 5miles per day with a long run 10-16miles.

Tim
21/03/2006 at 13:58
Today is likely to be the worst day. Start with a very gentle 3 miles tomorrow, run/walk if need be, and get back into your normal routine when the soreness has subsided.
JJ
21/03/2006 at 20:29
The trick is to have a cold bath after a hard long run. It works and after the first 30 seconds you go numb so its not too bad! Too late for this time but one for the future.

I find arnica helps speed the recovery too. And it is painless.
22/03/2006 at 11:57
Gentle exercise will flush the lactic acid out of your muscles quicker than doing nothing. Even vigorous walking is good in this respect. Good luck.
24/03/2006 at 08:00
Check out the Skins at www.skinsuk.co.uk
I can send you a study on recovery protocols on Super 12 Rugby Union players detailing Skins, Active Recovery, Passive recovery and Contrast Bathing Therapy.
The Skins products assist the body in flushing out the Lactic Acid from the system.
Lee at Skins U.K.
24/03/2006 at 08:26
Do I detect a marketing exercise? Hope you've paid RW for the advertisement.
JJ
24/03/2006 at 10:27
Thanks Guys! No sorted... Tim

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
7 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.