Right, no slacking! training Tuesday 25th Feb

1 to 20 of 83 messages
25/02/2003 at 07:15
It is speedwork day
25/02/2003 at 07:48
ok ive got to slack, because ive a slight niggle in my knee and im being cautious as its Silverstone on sunday.

Have a good day all.
25/02/2003 at 08:25
Morning all.

Everyone must be having a lie in today!!!

What: Hopefuly 8 miles steady, depends how I feel still a little stiff after the half at the weekend.
Why: Schedule says so

Last Rest: Saturday
Last Hard: Sunday
Last Long: Sunday

Good luck with your training one and all.
25/02/2003 at 08:25
Hello

What: 3 miles easy
Why: Recovery from hardish run yesterday and, more particularly, a skinful of beer last night.
Last Hard: Saturday
Last Rest: Sunday
25/02/2003 at 08:37
Morning all.

What: Speedwork at the track (arghhhh!). Local track lets me in free with my Level 1 Coaching Certificate.
Why: Because I love it really - and programme says so.
Last Hard: Sunday - 16 miles (with a 77 year old!)
Last Rest: Yesterday - and lovely massage last night so legs feel good.

Enjoy your running evryone!
25/02/2003 at 08:37
Morning

What:4/5 miles tempo
Why:Recovered on the bike yesterday so time to get moving again
Last Hard:Sun
Last Rest:Sat
3TL
25/02/2003 at 08:42
Morning, my posting today is identical to Longlegs above, including the stiff bits!
25/02/2003 at 09:01
Hello!

What: Six or seven miles steady with a bit of "hill" work (OK, I know nothing in Birmingham is a REAL hill, but some roads are definitely at a slant) after work tonight.
Why: Schedules.
Last rest day: Yesterday.
Last hard day: Sunday.
25/02/2003 at 09:01
Ayup

What: 10M fartlek with club
Why: Tuesday's punishment
Last hard run: Sunday
Last rest day: Today
25/02/2003 at 09:04
Err... Marmite Master, a 10M fartlek today is a rest day? Crikey. Remind me never to train with you!
Ratbag    pirate
25/02/2003 at 09:46
Mrnin' all,

What: 6 ish miles steady - easy...
Why: Following the sage advice of Hilly, Drew et al...not to overdo it this week in prep for a decent 1/2 at Imber on Sunday.

Last hard: Sunday (bloody hard!)
Last rest: yesterday (needed it!)

have a good day y'all....
25/02/2003 at 09:49
ermm, brain not engaged, last rest day was Monday, sauna, lovely!
25/02/2003 at 09:54
ooohhh... I haven't had a sauna since Helsinki last year.... memories.... *Wotsername blushes*
25/02/2003 at 09:59
morning all

what: ummm....due for session with the Wirral runners, but....am I up to it?
why: not sure I've fully recovered

Will explain to coach what the situation is this evening & follow his recommendation methinks.
25/02/2003 at 10:08
Morning All,

back in work after being unwell tomorrow. Had not a great weekend running wise but all self inflicted. Got bladdered Friday night, no sleep until 2. Got up at 7 to walk the dogs. Went to do the X-cross country at Parliament Hill, went out to fast, and ended up knacked a quarter of the way round and lost a shoe in mud on the second lap! Lumber in the finish with nothing left.

Sunday did x-country again, thought I'd recovered fully from Friday/Saturday and there was just no oomph. Did okay for the first half, attempted to step up a gear and then faded in the second half.

Oh well back to the drawing board!

What : Club speed work
Why : Its Tuesday
Last Hard : Saturday and Sunday
Last Rest : Yesterday

Have a good one folks.
WildWill    pirate
25/02/2003 at 10:13
Morning all

What : 4-5 mile steady
Why : club nite and slowly building back up

Last Rest : Saturday
Last hard(ish) : Sundays long run

Have a good 'n

Will :o')
25/02/2003 at 10:14
morning all!
Glad you're feeling a bit more recovered RB. Come Sunday you'll be feeling great!

What:not sure
Why:ran yesterday doing a tough session (8 miles + 10 times 100m steep hill)because of family commmittment. It should have been a rest from running, although I was going to swim and do circuits. So I'm not sure whether to take the day off and have total rest or go for a swim tonight.

In the deep grey matter that is my brain it's saying have a total rest day, but the obsessive nature is saying do something. What to do?

Last hard:yesterday
Last rest:Friday, but I did swim, so last day of no exercise was about 10 days ago.
25/02/2003 at 10:15
Parky glas you're feeling better, but are you planning on being unwell again tomorrow!
25/02/2003 at 10:16
shouls say glad not glas!
25/02/2003 at 10:16
SHOULD, I GIVE UP!!
1 to 20 of 83 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.