Run Disaster

21 to 22 of 22 messages
28/02/2013 at 15:52

I didn't realise the gels took so long to work (20 mins)! I've always eaten haribo or jelly babies on a long run, much tastier and seem to give me the sugar boost faster.

I wouldn't recomment Lucozade, although I know many of you will. I'm a biologist and studies carried out by my students showed that recovery time only improved marginally with Lucozade compared with water. The drink that improved performance the most was milk - due to the combination of sugars and protein. However, I can't imagine taking a bottle of milk on a run so I'd recommend drinking milk after the run instead! This might be good for Emmalou if you're not keen on eating soon after you finish your run. I'd love to hear what you think if you try the idea!

01/03/2013 at 06:27
I have been told to get a bottle of chocolate milk shake
As recovery drink straight after getting home will be incorporating this
Into my marathon plan ;0)

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 22 of 22 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.