Running and rowing (erging)

61 to 80 of 260 messages
05/12/2012 at 18:13

A little later ... done. I chased myself on RowPro and beat myself by a boat's length. It's getting tougher though . The final 1,500m or so were hard work but I did have enough left in the tank to hit it for the last 10 strokes.

Tomorrow's a steady run day.

07/12/2012 at 13:22

Last long steady row of week 3 done. That's another set of the Pete Plan done so rinse and repeat and back to week 1, starting with those 500-metre sprints

07/12/2012 at 14:32

I've just finished up with week 2 (took 2 weeks due to running getting in the way). How I enjoyed those 4 x 2k intervals .

07/12/2012 at 15:01

Ah yes, the infamous 2k intervals .... it's all in the pacing

08/12/2012 at 17:36

well my parcel turned up this morning and just 4 screws and 5 minutes later it was set up 

Hubby was very impressed with the design, build and engineering of it.  It is so light to move around on its casters.  Managed to download Rowpro but it is a bit buggy.  Still connected to C2 and did a 500m set.  Later in the day I sussed out how to race against myself earlier in the day and promptly lost by 0.6 of a second.

Then did a 5000m set in 26mins 09secs.  Probably not fast at all but my WHR was at around 80%.  Now off to look into the Pete Plan.

09/12/2012 at 12:56

Ooooh, a shiny brand new C2 ... I remember how excited I was when mine arrived. They're not cheap and I thought long and hard before spending. But I reckon the cost of it has been part of the motivation - don't want to waste the money.

Becky, if you find the current version of RowPro buggy you can download the earlier ver 2. I reverted to it after not getting on with ver 3. There's not a lot of difference.

The thing about the Pete Plan (or Plans, there are several apart from the main one) is to read the pacing advice. It took me a couple of false starts before I took that on board.

As for today ... 8 x 500m 3:30 rest, as per the Pete Plan. One of my favourites. Now knackered but feeling good

09/12/2012 at 13:24

Hello. May I join here please? I use a Concept II once or twice a week, and usually do 1 speed session and 1 lengthy session for stamina.

09/12/2012 at 13:59
Hi. Been researching the pete plan. I don't think I will do the main one as it is 6 days a week. I only intend to row 3 days a week as cross training around my running and cycling. Any ideas on plans? Has anyone tried the row pro coaching?
09/12/2012 at 14:04

Hello Vixx, climb aboard

Becky - I only row three days a week. I follow the PP but each week just takes me two to complete.

09/12/2012 at 14:12

Thanks Muttley - it'll be nice to have some motivation. I used to hate using the concept II when I was at college (mainly because the senior PE lecturer would be standing over me going on about technique), but have started to use it again because of the cross-training qualities it has for an all-body workout

11/12/2012 at 14:05

Yesterday was a running day, and fortunately I got my tempo done before it turned icy. Thick frost on the ground this morning but blue skies so a fine day to sit on the erg. Steady slow row done, 45 minutes, hr well low because it was cold in the conservatory so result all round

11/12/2012 at 15:41
Did day one of my training plan yesterday. A really slow 22spm. With low heart rate. Did that. Then decided to do another. 2000m at my normal pace. Did the rowing yesterday as legs were recovering from the mine miler on Sunday. Tempo run on treadmill tonight.
11/12/2012 at 17:25

Hiya! Can I join in too please? I decided to get back on my rower today as a cross training day and although I only did 20 minutes it was a nice change from the 5k running plan I am currently doing  so will probably row once or twice a week between running!

BB (Leigh)

13/12/2012 at 08:22

Hello and welcome aboard BB1971 ...

After a rest day yesterday I would normally do my long slow run today. But there is thick ice on the ground so stuff that. I feel a session on the erg coming on a little later today, and lsr tomorrow in the rain instead.

13/12/2012 at 20:41

Thanks Muttley   legs were like lead today so I did a really half arsed run and gave up!! Will try again tomorrow cos its a slow 50 min run scheduled in the training plan!!

13/12/2012 at 21:11
Did a 30min pyramid intervals followed by 2500m row. Have rowed 8500m since getting the rower last Saturday
13/12/2012 at 21:34

BB, I find that the day after a row my running legs are really frisky. A good bash on the erg seems to loosen them up. Maybe I'm weird.

Becky boo, have you seen the distance award scheme on C2's website? That first million metres will pass surprisingly quickly

I did the Pete Plan endurance intervals this evening. Five times 1,500m, 5 mins rest. Feels good, slightly weary now, looking forward to long run tomoz, yay!

13/12/2012 at 21:50
Becky Boo - you are off, and on your way to join the Concept 2 Million Meters club!

It was a non running day today - did asteady 10k as art of the Pete Plan
14/12/2012 at 20:32

Hurrah my C-Beeze turned up from the US and wow what a difference that makes.  Will be so much cooler now 

Have sussed something else out tonight.  Getting my Rowpro logs onto the Concept log book and did some rankings.  Haven't really gone for an all out row yet so they can only get better!

14/12/2012 at 20:57

Did a slow run today and it felt good. Xmas shopping all day tomorrow but might fit in a row when we get home )

61 to 80 of 260 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.