Running Clubs around Dewsbury / Huddersfield?

8 messages
02/11/2006 at 14:19
I'm looking for a running club around the area where I live (Mirfield West Yorkshire) and wondered if anyone could recommend anywhere.

I've run 2 marathons in the last 2 years but this summer I lost all motivation and now I'm desperate to get going again but would like to join a club for extra motivation.

Any suggestions welcome.......
02/11/2006 at 16:50
boing
02/11/2006 at 17:19
There is loads around that way;
Halifax
Dewsbury Road Runners
Meltham AC
Spenborough
to name but a few

Take a look at the NoEAA website for clubs in West Yorkshire.
http://www.noeaa-athletics.org.uk/clubs/westyorks.htm

I can't tell you much about which are friendliest/ most accomodating but your best bet is to go down and visit a few and make your own mind up.
Hope this helps.
02/11/2006 at 17:40
Thanks Podro, I'll take a look at that website and then get round a few :)
Ellie.    pirate
02/11/2006 at 19:15
If you join Dewsbury they compete in the same cross country league as us (Baildon). There are 5 races and it's great fun. You'll have to be quick though, starts soon!

On the other hand if you're not bothered about XC then try as many clubs as possible and as Podro says there are loads. Then join the one you like the best. Most will lert you go out with them a few times before deciding.
03/11/2006 at 12:35
Is that the Sport Direct league Ellie? I used to enjoy doing that but our club don't do it now. We do West Yorks instead.
03/11/2006 at 14:13
Are there any athletes looking for accommodation for the Benidorm
Ellie.    pirate
04/11/2006 at 18:01
It's the West Yorkshire Winter League run by Idle AC. Great fun.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
8 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.