Running in Kent

21 to 38 of 38 messages
11/09/2003 at 12:15
Hi Kym
Did you meet up with my colleague Marion?
She may not have been around of course.
JJ
11/09/2003 at 15:52
I don't recall metting Marion. Last week I rtan with Christine and this week a bunch set off slighlty early so I didn't meet many of them. I've heard her name mentioned though as a good runner.
11/09/2003 at 15:54
Are you sure you didn't meet me ? You were showing off with some 'extreme stretching'.
11/09/2003 at 15:54
Hi Scotty, if you're the one that ran the marathon last Sunday then yes, as that's the only Scot I've met so far!
11/09/2003 at 15:56
That's the one! Nice to know there's another forumite in the club.
11/09/2003 at 15:57
This is how I found the club to start with! I set up this thread to try and find a club and got a lot of help along the way. Congrats on your run btw. Where did you say it was? Thurrock or something...?
11/09/2003 at 16:06
Hmm, that wasn't extreme stretching for me - only for stiff buggers! tee hee
11/09/2003 at 16:08
It was Thanet. Running from Margate to Ramsgate then out to Minnis Bay then back to Margate again; a beautiful coastal route. Surprisingly only 129 finishers, but a superbly organised event.

There were about 7 or 8 Sevenoaks AC runners listed for this but I think I was the only one on the day. Very happy with my 3:57.

Didn't notice your thread earlier as I rarely venture into the Training forum.

I'm wondering if next Tuesday's run will be in Knole again or if we will be attempting the town route. I'm finding the club runs are really helping with my motivation, especially now that it's so dark in the mornings when I do most of my training.

11/09/2003 at 16:15
Me too. I've just come back from a quick run to break up the boredom of studying from home which is something I wouldn't have dreamed of doing 3 weeks ago! Plus I'm really pleased with how I kept up with the pace this week - very motivating. I've even signed up for the FLM so it'll be interesting to see if I get in. I prefer off road trails to road running overall, so I hope we run in the park next Tuesday. 4 of us ran in the park this week and it was a bt dark at the end, but otherwise ok. I guess it depends on a group vote although I reckon we could make one or two more personally, especially if we leave punctually. I might take a light torch with me next week just in case.
Your marathon route sounds pretty.
11/09/2003 at 16:17
Scotty.
Good run.
JJ
11/09/2003 at 16:34
Kym,

If you didn't recognise me initially from my piccie, I'm guessing that your 'Face It!' function is switched off.

Under your 'Runner's World Member' details on the top left of this page. Click on 'My Forum' then click on 'Forum Face Control' then click on 'Face IT!'.

JJ,

I think I was running with Marion for the first 15 minutes or so of Tuesdays run. Only chatted briefly though.
11/09/2003 at 17:17
Scotty,

Aha, there you are. Yep, that's you alright - in case you were wondering! I think I'll hold back on adding a photo of mine for the time being... especially with "twinkly eyes!!

I won't be there tonight, so see you next Tuesday.
12/09/2003 at 00:13
Does the Sevenoaks club meet on a Tuesday AND Thursday?
12/09/2003 at 10:43
Yes. Tuesday evening is a 7.5 mile run, around Knole Park in summer and on the roads around town in winter. Thursday evening is sprint training, for wnyone who wants to come along.
19/09/2003 at 22:16
boing . . .

The M25 was in chaos this evening so I missed an induction appointment at Sevenoaks Gym. Instead, did a 10 miler around Otford on my lonesome. I've always used Friday after work (approx 4-6pm) as a gym/treadmill sesh but have recently let my Holmes Place membership lapse. It struck me that running around Sevenoaks is (a) cheap and (b) beautiful. Anyone available for runs (a) early on Friday evening or (b) anytime Wed evening?
22/09/2003 at 11:17
I'm afraid Fridays aren't so good for me Pathfinder because I travel a lot and Weds is a bit close to the Tuesday/Thursday program so I can't help there.
Why don't you try joining us at the Sevenoaks Athletics Club? We start from the Sports Centre.
22/09/2003 at 11:54
Hiya Kym,

As last Tuesday was the final Knole Park run until the Spring, tomorrow will be the run around the town which apparently goes down to Riverhead, then Bessels Green, along to Bat & Ball then up that lovely long climb back to the swimming centre.

I'm hoping to make it if I have fully recovered from a pb of 3:43 in yesterdays Sri Chimnoy Marathon in Battersea Park. (2 marathons in 2 weeks - ouch).
22/09/2003 at 12:03
phew. That's impressive. Well done, on both the pb and doing 2 in 2 weeks. Your legs must be in need of a break!

I was away last tuesday and will be away tomorrow and can't make the week after either which is a bit annoying, but can't be helped. My next club run will be 7th October which seems a long way away. In the meantime I have got up and done a couple of 06.30-7am/ish runs and have thoroughly enjoyed watching the sunrise!

Take it easy and don't forget to stretch!!! :-)

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 38 of 38 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.