running school

21 to 25 of 25 messages
13/02/2013 at 12:13

I just had a free 30 min gait analyses session at the Chiswich branch as part of their Open Day. 

I'm also part of a running club and get a lot of feedback from the guys there, however I was ASTOUNDED to see myself running. They film you running on a treadmill from the back and from the side, then sit you down and talk through the analysis. This was so helpful to me, as a lot of what they were explaining correlates to some on-going niggles I've been getting. 

The 6 sessions for £260 sounds steep, so I'm still deciding, but the free taster was so informative and impressive I think it may be worth it in the long run. I also work at an osteopathic practice so get regular treatments there, however this running school says it can change your running form and technique, which will hopefully fix repetetive niggly issues I keep getting. 

It depends what you're going in for - but I'm sure most runners wish they could be more efficient or better their technique/PBs.

If you get a chance to do a free trial session, go for it! 

13/02/2013 at 14:55

I didn't realise that they did free biomechanical analysis ... I will have to check it out. I'm a bit scared of seeing how I actually run though  

13/02/2013 at 15:01

Kat - Have you heard of Move Clinics in Chiswick? They offer  free running technique sessions every Saturday . http://www.moverunning.com/runningtechniquesessions.html  They're a great clinic.

ETA - No, I'm not on commission, related to them etc

Edited: 13/02/2013 at 15:02
13/02/2013 at 15:23

That looks great!

04/09/2013 at 12:22
Iklebutn Miles wrote (see)

I would agree with Ceal and disagree with Popsider and SC2. I had my first session yesterday. My brother just finished his course and feels like a little boy who's 'just got a new bike for Christmas' !

It's very much based on running form not fitness.

I'm in it to try and kick a recurring ITB problem in left knee. I'll let you know how it goes!

Sorry to resussitate an old thread, but did the sessions at the running school solve your ITB problem? I've been suffering with a recurring ITB issue for a long time and looking at options to help with it (lready tried a few things ... had physio, got orthotics ... ). 

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 25 of 25 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.