RW's Garmin-Ready Marathon Schedule Conflicts

4 messages
25/06/2013 at 23:21

In short, why do the downloaded files not match what is shown on the website page for the week by week?  Do I follow the downloaded schedule on Training Centre or the schedule on the website?  I did ask this question before but it was a bit like War & Peace and nobody responded.  It's a lot of running, what schedule please?!!  Schedule example here: http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/racing/rws-garmin-ready-marathon-schedule-sub-330/2764.html  Ta, Mike.

26/06/2013 at 07:25

They never do Mike it's a gimmick that doesn't seem to work. If you think of the schedule as a road map and the Garmin ready version as the sat nav that could send you into a river it might clarify things.

27/06/2013 at 09:39

Michael - as Mr Puffy says they never have matched.  I don't think it really matters which you follow as they are not really that different in marathon training terms.  I have just followed the Garmin one is the past as I find it easier just to go with what I have uploaded to my watch, it saves me a lot of hassle.

02/07/2013 at 09:52

I always follow the printout - it reduces flexibility uploading to the watch. The only session that I bother to programme into the watch is intervals. The paper programme  never did me any harm - unless you count the divorce.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
4 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.