Sat 13th October

21 to 24 of 24 messages
13/10/2012 at 20:32

Alehouse: was thinking about the Manchester marathon, makes a lot of sense, home turf, and even though it's expensive (that code does help though) it's flat and the cost would actually be lower than going somewhere else and paying to stay over, etc. That said I was looking at Lochaber, partly because I've never been farther north than Glasgow/Edinburgh.

Well done Pammie and fair play to RFJ/Jr for what sounds like a pretty serious undertaking.

13/10/2012 at 22:02

7D Blisters
I'm from that neck of the woods too hailing from Stockport, although moved to far north since.
Well done RFJ & jnr. All the best for tomorrow ...

13/10/2012 at 22:36

Evenin' all
Birks – congrats on WA
Blisters – good stuff on the bike
7D – well done on the PR and Wabo too with the xc
Pammie – excellent progress, well done!

Like RFJ was at Farley (and good luck for tomorrow!), although I didnt do a morning 5k...
Solid, if unspectacular run. Think I was 179th in 46:08, bit bewildered as was slower than last year, but all other indicatiors would say I'm running in general a good 30s /mile quicker...will check and compare with last years overall results. Perhaps a bit conservative on laps 1 and 2, but took a few on the final hill & felt strong on the last lap, continuing to overtake for most of it (including 4 on the last 100m run in).

Still another xc chalked off...

13/10/2012 at 22:45

Dustin, take into account the conditions, I was down on what I normally would like to do, and even though did this on the old 3 lap course my average mm was down by over 20 secs, so dont beat yourself up over it and well done and good to see you and chat earlier.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 24 of 24 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.