Sat 23rd April

21 to 25 of 25 messages
23/04/2011 at 19:32

Evening!

Tom: after effects are always the next morning, and always have been! Today was very gentle, but it remains a relatively long time on my feet. Shins, hamstrings and hips were all a little tender to start with, but after 20 mins I had loosened up, and the stomach ache that I have had off and on for a week also disappeared. The latter has returned, and my feet feel bruised, which, again, they always have after longer runs.

Tom: on a different matter, Greta Waitz sad death reminded me that husband Jack also ran. Didn't he pace some of her marathons, or am I imagining that?

AF: I know you say 2012 marathon, haven't you thought of an autumn one?

Pammie: tell us more about the drink!

23/04/2011 at 19:40

Alehouse - Rings a bell regarding Grete

Oh the drink it was wet and chucked at me by some boys on bikes - well one boy thought i needed refreshing Thankfully it wasn't a full cup

23/04/2011 at 21:35

Had a great day here...

Off to Eastleigh Parkrun, covered the garmin up after warm up, strapped the ankle just in case... and hit start button on the 3-2-1.... and off.... didn't look at garmin again till the finish straight...... 12th place and only 3 secs of a cours PB.... summary - OK and very happy, no reaction from the ankle (even got a good icing in the sea afterwards when we went down to devon for the day)......

So just have to be careful of foot plant over the next few days, but other wise all seems good.

Lyrics before I forget to post them are..... Runaway Son by Mike Oldfield.

23/04/2011 at 21:42

Evening

Mava: Well done on new job.

RFJ: Good race.

Lyrics:Not the ones I thought they were today. Don't ask.

23/04/2011 at 22:17

Hi, been a very long time since I posted in here.

Have been in and out of running for the last few years ... am having one final huzzah for 6 months before I hang them up for good.

Currently trying to get my 5k time down to under 20 mins (otherwise I would not be able to do Norwich 5k). Given that I tried to run 5k 6 weeks ago and couldn't even get under 24 minutes, this is proving to be a rather tall order.

Today: long run, should have been easy but I seem to be getting faster by the week and pace judgement is hard. Probably anxiety about getting faster led to me running it quicker than I should have. Distance - not a clue, shall I just say "long"? Time: 90 minutes. Wheels fell off a bit at the end, but I can definitely feel myself getting fitter, so I'm hoping all is not lost.

Will have a go of my powerbreathe before bed as well.

Good running all.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 25 of 25 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.