Saturday 10th November 2012

21 to 23 of 23 messages
10/11/2012 at 17:27

afternoon all, 
(belated) welcome to stray! 
Firstly thanks for all your comments ahead of todays race...
what :  another hellrunner chalked off....slightly altered route, so more mud, more hills, more water but more fun! Ran with a pal and my brother somewhere further down the field, but nevertheless was probably the most enjoyable run I've done for a long while!
Fortunately turning an ankle in an early pond took my mind off the achey hamstring..flared up a couple of times, but not to the point where I thought about calling it a day. Couple of bottlenecks at some of the steep slopes but part an parcel of this type of thing. Never really felt out of my comfort zone, hence it being more a really fun run rather than a race with some excellent camaraderie.
I think i've managed to get most of the mud out of most places, but it usually takes 2 or 3 showers. The socks, vest and shorts now in the bin.
why - hmm, yes why?
last hard - warming my hands and feet up
last rest - thursday
Hope Goodwood went well RFJ (I assume thats your xc?)

lyric - dont think so...

have a lovely evening 

10/11/2012 at 18:59

Well done Dustin

A good day at the office for me,

a suprising 2nd at Andover parkrun in 19:30, in boggy conditions, just getting ready for the afternoons ventures at the XC

As Dustin says was the Hants XC lge (in Sussex - bizarely 3 out of the 5 races are outside the county, with Dorset and Wilts for other races) A good warm up and a bit achy from the morning, but off we went, aim was to run hard and not die.... did not get overtaken at all, but made my way through all aided with Jnr shouting me on... had 2 team mates on shoulder for 1st lap and a bit then was able to put the foot down and pull away, finishing in 113th place, 18 better than last XC, but alson a 13 sec PB on this course which is longer han last time I ran it by .02m... very happy overall.

Jrn didn't do parkrun so he could clock 17:40 for 4.8K to finish 28th in the U17 race.

Good day al round

10/11/2012 at 19:37

Evening all,

What: lacrosse match
Why: part of the game plan
Last hard: that was pretty knackering, I see it as good speed work for 1.5 hours!
Lyrics: I'm on a roll!

Ale  Yay
OH 8C water?!  You're mad!
Hello Stray

Have a good one all
Dustin and RFJ well done

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 23 of 23 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.