Saturday 10th November 2012

1 to 20 of 23 messages
10/11/2012 at 07:32

Morning

Todays lyrics:I'm sittin' in the railway station

Yesterdays lyrics: One Vision by Queen

What a run later

Why: New shower unit out of commission till about 7pm.

Straycelt: Welcome to our madhouse.

Right coffee and catch up

Back later.

10/11/2012 at 07:40

Morning.

A break from routine birks!

Good luck the weekend's racers.

What:           an hour easy
Why:            taper - or is it still recovery? I'm not quite sure. LOL.
Last hard:    21/10
Last rest:     4/11

Lyric - yes.

10/11/2012 at 07:42
Morning,

Hoping to get out for an easy run later, but gotta help move the last of my sisters stuff to her new flat first... Man with a van and all that!!

Don't know today's lyrics, but then I checked here earlier, saw there wasn't a thread and couldn't even think of a lyric for myself!

Off for breakfast with my dad now, looking forward to spending a bit of time with him today.
10/11/2012 at 08:05

Morning sweep and LMH

LMH: Yeah a change of routine, sort of !

sweep: Done that a few times no thread posted, but can't think of any

10/11/2012 at 08:17

Morning all,

Lyrics, Yes, 2 days on the trott must be a record for me....

Off to Parkrun then XC....

Back later, have a good Saturday all

10/11/2012 at 09:19
Morning!

Lyrics: know

Enjoy your races, racers.

What: walk later...aim is 300 metres without sticks

Why: rehab. Although Achilles is a bit tender this morning from consultant poking around.

LMH: make sure the"easy" IS easy! Looks a nice day out there.
10/11/2012 at 09:36

Good morning all,
Lyrics: Yes (Back to schooldays there for me!)
What: Tae Kwon Do
Why: Cos it's Saturday
Last Hard: Still Cardiff
Last Rest: Thursday
Agree Cardiff 10k finish in the stadium is awesome, especially the roar as you come out of the dragon's mouth, Even if it's canned it's still spine chilling Off to see Wales v Argentina later. Next race is Stratford Half next Saturday.
Have a great day all

10/11/2012 at 09:37

Lyrics: know

What: swim then run
Why: the sun is shining and it's Saturday
Last hard: Tuesday
Last rest Tuesday!

Ale How was the ale?

10/11/2012 at 09:57
OH: a couple of pints in good company, but sadly all over within the hour! Don't envy your swim; the run, on the other hand...
10/11/2012 at 10:26

Alehouse - I was good until the last half mile and only did 6 miles instead of the whole hour I had allowed myself .  Is 300m what the consultant advised or should you be waiting until you've seen the physio?

Straycelt - is that the Raceway one?

Hope it's as mild and still for you as it is here OH.

Sweep - I held off and was pleased to see that birkmyre had once again risen to the challenge this morning.

10/11/2012 at 10:54

Morning all,

Two weeks on, and the motivation is returning.  Just had a nice 40 minute run. Not too fast, but including a 300 ft climb that's like running up a ladder (OK.. a bit of poetic licence... but you know what I mean)

Now to pay for it.... I have to take my wife shopping, and somehow drag my whinging elder daughter into the car, and round the high street.

What: 4 miles, as described

Why: Because I actually felt like it!

Last hard  28 Oct

Last easy  An hour ago

Lyrics - No.   (and I have to confess I thought yesterday's was It's a kind of Magic... so I got that wrong)

Have a great Saturday... good luck in any weekend races.

Edited: 10/11/2012 at 10:55
10/11/2012 at 12:27

morning all!

sweep have a lovely family day 

rw, ' Because I actually felt like it!' perfect eh?

alehouse keep growing stronger!

rfj hope park run went well

straycelt welcome and while you tae kwan do, I shall tai chi!

what: tai chi, 5 mile club handicap this afternoon, xctry looking forward to it!

why: we are testing out the course for a league race

last hard: tuesday, boy I have rested up!

last easy: thursday was totally easy

have a a good day/races and so on all 

10/11/2012 at 12:41

Afternoon!

LMH:  consultant is quite happy for me to walk as long as it is not hurting and I am using a decent style. So...did 660 metres, and the only ill effect appears to be sore hips! Hope you blasted that last half mile!

I agree with the RW "why": because I felt like it!

10/11/2012 at 12:48
Hiya. Lyrics nope.

What: parkrun.
Why: Just had time to squeeze it in.
Last hard: Wednesday gym.
Last rest: Friday.

Sounds like you're firmly on your feet alehouse, good news.
10/11/2012 at 13:09

Good news Alehouse. I did by my modest standards

Hope the shopping trip isn't too expensive RW!

Enjoy the x-country Wabo.

10/11/2012 at 13:37

9º and sunny here (8º water)
Just 4 miles post swim run today
Why: That's when I met up with rest of JS group (reversing their course)

RW "drag my whinging elder daughter into the car, and round the high street"
*Never* had a problem dragging any of my daughters to the high st!

GGG nice to get the parkrun in (nearest would be Inverness for me )

Alehouse - sounds promising

10/11/2012 at 14:15
Lyrics: yes.The song describes the writers longing to return home to his then girlfriend, who was in London. It is uncertain exactly where the song was written, however his singing partner in an interview with Paul Zollo for SongTalk Magazine, said that the song was written in a train station "around Manchester" while in an earlier interview for Playboy Magazine, the writer himself mentioned the train station was at Liverpool. It is likely, however, that it was written at Widnes railway station during a long wait for a train, when traveling back from Widnes, where he had been playing; a commemorative plaque is displayed on the wall of the Liverpool-bound waiting room.

I had a typically undisciplined session this morning. Rather than a steady 16M, I blew it all on the first 8M loop in a vain attempt to impress club mates! Did four more miles at a much more sedentary pace...much to the amusement of some, but nevertheless avery worthwhile effort.
Blisters    pirate
10/11/2012 at 15:11

Lyrics? Hmm. Clearly I should know them, and I'll have to be put (down) out of my misery. Googled. Duh Slap head.

Tom, a great training session: finding out where the edge of the envelope lies!
OH: I hope that you wrapped up well if you took to the water at 8 degrees.
RW: Ah yes. Wales. Flat? At least the sheep are pretty.

Yesterday I spent all afternoon wearing compression socks. Today was bike ride day. 49 miles done. However, the quads were screaming at me whenever we got a reasonable hill, especially on the homeward leg. More compression socks this afternoon.

10/11/2012 at 17:02

They must be long socks Blisters

10/11/2012 at 17:09
Large fry up with my dad, best part of the day helping my sister and a cheeky 3 miles done... Think I've earnt myself a beer, sofa and footie time!
1 to 20 of 23 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.