Saturday 11th Jan

41 to 42 of 42 messages
12/01/2003 at 20:43
well, three loops of a quite udulating track. plus the litle start bit from the start line and the little end bit to the finish line.

before my race were the juniors and the minor womens events and the veterans. the course therefore was quite rutted, and although various parts of it were still quite solid from the frost, there were no really dangerous frozen puddles, (which i have discovered to be murder). the course was well made out, well sanded, although somewhat slanted.

the start was fast as hell, but the others knew their distance, and obviously the speed at the start was controlled, as, although not maintained throughout the race, only those at the rear, who hadn't expected the fast start, fell behind. i took the first lap fine, quick and comfortable, slowly gaining o the group, and the first half of the second in the same manner, came to overtaking of the 3 man group afront me, but i fell flat on my face, something caught my foot(possibly an overzealous supporter's foot, or the foot of the guy in front of me), i was more worried about my new lowe alpine dry flo top to be honest(only joking). got up, made a short pickup to regain my place, and took the group over, but, for reasons unknown, i didn't make the spectacular pickup i promised myself. and finished in 16:40, by my watch. the course was really lovely, exactly a mile and i would happily run it in training.

oh yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i'm on sky sports on thursday and then again this saturday coming up. not telling the number though. watch the under 20's race. it's called the reebok cross challenge. or the internationsl cross country champs at stormont park belfast.

must dash now.

oh yeah, and i have another race on wednesday, i know the're close together, but this one was sprung on me unexpectedly, ie enter first as consent later attitude of some guys who make the descisions. not televised this time though.
12/01/2003 at 20:44
exactly a mile, but three loops of that course, making it 5km, or 3.1 miles plus the sart and finish runways.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
41 to 42 of 42 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.