Why: Just got out

Coffee calling

Dry, cold Saturday

Back later

Edited: 01/02/2014 at 07:09
01/02/2014 at 07:13

Yay birks! Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics were Ain't No Stoppin' Us Now by Luther Vandross

Gobi - I very rarely do any kind of running speed work at all as it tends to break me. The odd interval on the treadie and a fast last mile is as near as I get. Usually I do turbo intervals and threshold work but as I'm targeting an IM just two months after VLM and I want to do well at VLM it's just base bike stuff at the moment.

What:                more turbo time
Why:                 have you seen the weather?
Last hard:         19/1
Last rest:           28/12

Lyrics - unsure.

01/02/2014 at 07:21

Morning LMH

Nope, not what I thought yesterdays lyrics were.

01/02/2014 at 08:32

Morning!

Should have got yesterday's lyrics, and a no to today.

What: an hour is planned, off road
Why: Saturday is long run day.Dry and sunny at present: no doubt this will have changed by running time!

01/02/2014 at 08:56

What: probably quick dip in the waves at 10

why: it's Saturday, it's there and maternity quiet

last hard: Monday 

last rest: yesterday 

windy but dry just now

Dubai Dave    pirate
01/02/2014 at 09:51

Glorious morning in Dorset

LMH: retired from Tri as have no desire to swim in a freezing quarry. Its Boston, North Dorset Village marathon, the wall and then cycle LEJOG  this year. Am doing LEJOG  to see if its any easier thanJOGLE was!

nowt today, racing tomorrow na have very niggly  / injured groin.

lyrics nope 

01/02/2014 at 09:55

Morning all.  Don't know the lyrics today but I like them!

Off to Hawick for the Scottish Masters XC champs - looking forward to a proper race against my peers - none of those young hooligans taking part!

01/02/2014 at 10:54

Morning all,

slightly stressed week

plenty of running

75 mins done this morning inc a parkrun in 21:30

Off to watch Fulham v Soton later... praying for 3 vital points...

01/02/2014 at 11:18

Morning,

I think I am coming down with a cold.. niggle at the back of my throat and a heavy sinus feeling. I had a second rest yesterday. I don't feel unwell yet, just the beginnings of.

Shall attempt a 3 mile slow, hoping to still do tomorrows LSR

01/02/2014 at 12:03

Afternoon

Dibs hope it doesn't  amount to anything

DD Good luck , you're the 2nd person I know attempting this. When? And the Wall Look forward to hearing about this one

What: 8.64 miles cycle
Why: Its sunny
Last Hard: some  hills
Lyrics No

01/02/2014 at 12:39

Afternoon!

Dibs: having just suffered sinusitis for a week, and the jelly -like legs and the going hot and cold I know how you may be feeling! Hope it doesn't fully develop! Lots of steam, often with menthol crystals, was a big help, as was the pharmacist's recommendation of Otravine. She advised Sudafed, too, but never asked what other meds I was on: doctor friend told me not to take it as it doesn't go well with asthma and blood pressure meds! Given your future profession I'm sure you know what to do!

What: 11.25k largely on the roads in just under 65 mins.
Why: change of plan. Was going to drive into the country and get muddy, but L62 wanted a longer run and didn't want to get muddy so the roads it was, in the main, with perhaps 2k off road and only a little of that was gooey.
Glad the plan changed because it meant an earlier run, and finish: sunny throughout, but a strong wind towards the end. Now raining, so good timing.

01/02/2014 at 12:40

donaldo: All the best today at Hawick.

01/02/2014 at 13:16

Thanks Ale, good to see you have recovered, nice run!

Today as predicted was a bit of a fail, headache when I started off and just not 'in it' today. only managed 3km in 14:30mins. Going to take advice and wrap up for the rest of the day. I will attempt a LSR tomorrow, but considering Monday is my next exam.. Ill have a low threshold for staying in bed!

01/02/2014 at 13:21

Dibs: 3k in 14:30 isn't hanging about if you are feeling below par. Monday is more important than your LSR remember!

01/02/2014 at 13:36

Afternoon all
What: 12.5 miles done.
Why: needed to get it in before the 36 hour journey :S
Last hard: 5 km of that was on pure ice, that was pretty tricky
Last rest: yesterday
Lyrics: nope

Just listened to an interesting podcast about the Wall DD (The Long Run, episode 7 I think).
Dibs, I hope you feel better soon.  Oh and good luck for Monday (won't get a chance to get online as only land late Monday).
Have a good weekend all.

01/02/2014 at 13:44

First run tomorrow after flu for week and the travel for work ... going stir crazy !!!

Dibs hope it's just niggle and your better! But still good time ...

Lyrics : think so

Blisters    pirate
01/02/2014 at 14:48

Hello Tracey, I've not seen you around. Go steady if you are coming back after flu. Set your targets low and be happy to survive.

OH, I can imagine the Senior Midwife suddenly having a rush with both her patients suddenly calling "time" at exactly the moment when you are in the middle of Scapa Flow. When the second lady's waters break there would be a call for the Coastguard. "It's not that bad is it?" "No madam, it's just that the Duty Doctor is swimming..."

Anyway, bike outside, bright but blustery. Many roads awash, one flood to negotiate. They didn't listen, and I was right. It was flooded. Avoided the other (closed road) floods. 40 miles done pus a coffee stop. Nice.

01/02/2014 at 14:50

Ale: Yea it was faster than I felt like I was going...weird. I am feeling a bit better this arvo

Emzap: Thanks mate, well over the continued stress but push on push on!

Tracey033: Hope your first run goes well!! it's weird how quickly you miss running when you're unwell!

01/02/2014 at 14:59

Was asked to help a clubmate choose a pair of trainers: she got nothing and I have just arrived back with a shiny new pair of purple Adi-zero racers. Couldn't resist for £25!

Take care Tracey!

AF
01/02/2014 at 15:19

Afternoon all,

Pammie:  Well done on LFOTM.  I remember I was once 2nd MV45 in some race or other....

• What:  mud-wallowing
  • Why:  avaoiding Gobi's funny bone
  • Last Hard:  N/A
  • Last Rest:  Sunday

Have a good one!

1 to 20 of 33 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.