Saturday 2nd June 2007

1 to 20 of 41 messages
02/06/2007 at 06:19
Tell you what you wanna hear, but that don't make it true

Morning

good luck all racers especially those having fun in bala:-)

What: rest day
hy: scheduled one of the week
Last Hard?
Last rest: last saturday

Have fun out there shame I am working all day:-(
02/06/2007 at 06:37
Morning,

What: 16 to 18 miles flat LSR
Why: tire the legs before tomorrows hilly LSR

Lasthard: Thursday
Last rest: 22 days.

FIN/Dustin, check out the NF course profile http://www.nfma.org.uk/course_map_&_Profile.htm I'm turning myself into a hill runner in preperation ;o)

Good luck to everyone giving it some today.

Have a good one.
Dubai Dave    pirate
02/06/2007 at 06:58
Morning All

Yet another rest day for me, I could almost get to like this non running lark!

What: Nowt
Why: Tapering and have donne my miles for the week
Last Hard: ?
Last rest: Yesterday

Peter G: Sorry that it didn't go well. Still you sound positive, ON ON as the Hash say.
02/06/2007 at 07:05
Hello

What: 8 easy
Why: Recovery and long one tomorrow
Last hard: Wednesday
Last rest: Thursday

Its another lovely day out there.

Good luck with everyone's races.

02/06/2007 at 07:19
Morning all

What: racing
1 x 400 800 1500 possible 5km or 3kmSC oh and the pole vault
Why: Club racing so whatever we need
Last hard: Thursday
Last rest: Sunday
M.
02/06/2007 at 08:27
morning

what: 8.5k club run. lots of fun it was too :)
why: club run day

also - some news on the weight loss front. today i reached goal number 1 - 65kgs. thats a loss of 4kgs in 6 weeks and is 3 weeks ahead of target!!
M.
02/06/2007 at 08:29
Morning All.

NZC.I know i have a tendency to live in the past when i talk about my previous performances and what you say about getting your mind in the present is very true. I did hugely enjoy the experience though and i would hartily recomend it to any of you ultra folk out there who want a challenge.

Talking about the present. I need to think about qualifying for comrades next year.

Will do 9 miles this morning, maybe another 7 miles tonight and ive decided to race a yorkshire vets 5 miles at walton near wakefield tomorrow.

Good Runnings everyone.
02/06/2007 at 08:38
Morning

Good luck Gobi pole vault eek and any other racers today

What: Balance exercises/core stuff
Why: what is needed
Last Hard: May 25th
Lyrics: On the tip of my tongue

Ankle feels the best it has been in just over a week. Still feels a bit tender, but i will be back.

02/06/2007 at 08:54
pammie good news re ankle, take care
pete g good plans!
DD its nice you are enjoying your tapering!!

good luck all racers

what: tai chi and no running
why: leg is just cr*p

cant be bothered with the rest

have a godd day all
02/06/2007 at 08:54
M well done with your weight loss! Must be all those fast times you keep putting in!
02/06/2007 at 09:58
Cheers Soda - as I think I posted (to FIN) yesterday, it depends upon what you're used to. Most of my runs have rises and falls of 20-30m so slightly less magnitude than NF, but not what I'd call mountainous!
Have to say your training is more thorough than mine...

Today : 9-10 easy miles
Why : South Downs in two weeks...

Upside is that I've managed 35-40 miles a week for the past two months, whereas a cursory look through the training diary reveals around 30mpw in the run up to last years South Downs. I hope thats a good sign!

Have a super weekend , looks positively Bahamian out there today!

:D
02/06/2007 at 10:25
Morning.

M - well done on the weight loss that is good going. :0)

Sodahead - I think Hilly has done the New Forest marathon? I've done the half, its more undulating than hilly. Mind you from memory the undulations were sweeping and quite long, so although not steep they did drag on a bit. I had a bad run on the half there. So one day I will go back to put that to bed. Hmm looking at that profile it looks more hilly. Perhaps the marathon is a different route to the half then, or they could have changed it, don't remember it as ''hilly''...

DD - enjoy your tapering!

Gobi - best of luck with racing and pole vaulting!

Pammie - good news with your ankle. Did you get the wobble board in the end? Teenage scoobs had a sleepover last night. They're all still here in their P.J.s as is the wobble board that they had fun on last night!

What:

Picking up club biscuit wrappers, wrapping paper, sweet wrappers, bedding, odd socks - ewww, pillows, cushions, endless cups, glasses and cereal bowls and unsticking popcorn and mushed in crisps from the carpet....

Sorry not that

What: cycle this afternoon
Why: Practice of pedals
Last Hard; Last night
Last rest: Wednesday

02/06/2007 at 11:02
Morning all,

Wot no Sgt Peppers lyrics? I heard the album was celebrating it's 40th anniversary (or was that yesterday?).

What: Easy 6 miles
Why: I haven't done my miles for the week yet!
Last Hard: Saturday

Have fun in Bala and good luck to any other racers.

Have a great day

02/06/2007 at 11:04
Just spotted the words 'pole vault' in Gobis post. Multi tallented indeed!
02/06/2007 at 11:06
Morning

What: 8 steady
Why: Recovery from fartlek and last run of week
Last hard: Friday
Last rest: Sunday

Lucky for all those who have sun, its cloudy down here in West Wales now...anyway, all the more excuse to watch the rugby...c'mon Wales

Good luck with everyone's races.
02/06/2007 at 11:12
Hello

Scooby. Wobble board arrived on Thursday been haveing a few little goes on it through the day, as i have to gradually build the time up. Holding onto the windowsill for support at the moment. The hardest bit is getting off. sounds like teenage scoobs and friend(s) had a good time.
Took a walk down to the shops did hurt a bit, just gotta be patient

Wabo thanks look after your leg too.
02/06/2007 at 12:13
Morning.

Had a sleepover at your place Scoobs ??
Wabo...sorry to hear your leg is not good, take care.

What : very easy
Why: should have a rest day but dont want to
Last hard : wed
Last rest : 8 days

May race Exmouth 10k tomorrow...nice flat course , but can be a bit on the brezzy side as its run along the seafront, and its a club championship race and I NEED some points !!!
02/06/2007 at 12:14
Brezzy ??? = breezy !!
02/06/2007 at 12:18
hello all

good news on woofie scoobs, you must be very relieved. happy birthday to teen scoobs.

great 10k scobos - 33s improvement on the course is very impressive especially at that level

sorry you had a bad one peterG but if you felt awful with still almost a marathon to run then it has to be the right decision

NN - enjoy your hols! are you going away or using it to do loads of training and catch up on sleep?

sodahead - looks positively mountainous to me

M - watch you don't fade away, need those muscles for going faster you know

hang in there pammie and wabo, you'll both be back soon

hi to sam - how are you doing? i remember you from a while back

good luck all racing and gobi pole vaulting
hope everyone enjoys bala. i only knew where it was because i once tried to go windsurfing there but it was too windy so we walked round instead

what - hollins green 5k
why - 2nd in cheshire grand prix series
last hard - 2 days
last rest - 3 days
lyrics - no, do we know yesterday's yet?
02/06/2007 at 12:25
Clink...actually I am painting !!have to strip and varnish the windows, back door and paint the OUTSIDE of the back of the house ! hope it doesnt rain !

Good luck with the 5k !
1 to 20 of 41 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.