Saturday 6th October

21 to 27 of 27 messages
06/10/2012 at 15:41

Wish that it were just taper madness Paddy. Can barely walk five steps without a pathetic asthma cough. You are doing well with the swimming. Unfortunately lots of lessons and lots of training haven't made anywhere near as much difference to my speed, it's probably like the running, I'm destined to be middle of the pack regardless of how hard I try. Know what you mean about the swimming trunks though - I'm guessing you've gone from baggies to fitted? Worked for my husband too.

Blisters    pirate
06/10/2012 at 16:16

Little M.iss Happy wrote (see)

Know what you mean about the swimming trunks though - I'm guessing you've gone from baggies to fitted? Worked for my husband too.

Did it work for you, eh, Mrs? Nudge nidge, wink wink.

Fingers crossed for the taper.

Chickadee, we'll be thinking of you trotting around your little joglet. You'll soon be up to doing properly big distances.

Tom, I think that the descriptions are now pointing towards a solution, if not necessarily an agreement of the exact medial description. A couple of years ago I got acute doses of plantar fasci-itis. Or whatever it's called. The basics were that I was doing too many runs in old shoes. My mileage trainers were fairly old. My favourite lightweight racers were very tired. I found that at exactly the same distance into a run I'd get a bit of warning, then an acute stabbing pain right in the base of the foot. I'm afraid that the odd day or week or rest didn't cure it. However, it is fixed now.

OK
Today's exercise was in two parts.
A 63 mile bike ride with Group 1, in 3:35. That's a whole ride average of 17.5mph, aand ignores all those flooded, cow cack covered country lanes, horses, the puncture stop, and so forth. On road pace was more like 20mph average, although they started off a bit quicker and I was seriously questioning my wisdom about going with them. Very pleased not to be dropped in the last 5-10 miles.

Part 2. A major clean up for the bike and rider.

06/10/2012 at 16:38

Thanks for all the comments

welcome Clag

Postie - hope all gets sorted soon

Chick - all the best for tomorrow

Blisters sounds a good ride.....

Newbury Parkrun this morning, chuffed with 4th place and 18:52.....

06/10/2012 at 17:00

I'm used to him in lycra Blisters  Good ride there.

06/10/2012 at 18:53

8 commute

Bike at work

No

06/10/2012 at 18:53
Blisters wrote (see)

Little M.iss Happy wrote (see)

Know what you mean about the swimming trunks though - I'm guessing you've gone from baggies to fitted? Worked for my husband too.

Did it work for you, eh, Mrs? Nudge nidge, wink wink.

It done nothing for my mot

Blisters    pirate
06/10/2012 at 21:32

For your M.O.T.?

I don't suppose that it would.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 27 of 27 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.